SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread 'Best Tires For Aero' some comments as to what was best. I understand that the Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S: all season tires, could not be purchased in the UK - probably because we are unlikely to get as much snow/dirt as in in e.g Sweden.

My current ones are: Pirelli Pzero Rosso 225/45 R17 W94. Looking at some stats:

Pirelli Pzero Asimmetrico 225/45 R17
Pirelli Pzero Rosso XL225/45 R17
Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 XL225/45 R17
Pirelli Pzero Rosso 225/45 R17

I am happy with my current Rosso's. Are there any other I should consider that would grip better in Autumn/Winter?

X

·
0 Posts
Hi, try a search on tyres in the 9-5 forum as there has been a number of threads in the past. Stateside seem to go for the winter/summer changeover unlike the UK. Tyres of course are a purely subjective choice and often can be dictated by price.

For myself I use Michelin Pilot sport all year. Not cheap but very low road noise and superb grip in the rain and they seem to last pretty well.. :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Best wet (and dry for that matter) grip I've had so far, including full on acceleration and braking, pushing into corners etc are:

Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Positions.

Very, very impressed with the levels of grip, quiet too.

Only downside (quite a big one) is that I'm probably not going to get 1 year's driving out of them :eek: , started to get a little low after 6 months and I do slightly above average miles.

I'm actually contemplating buying them again, regardless of the durability simply because the grip is that good. Not sure my wife will be happy with that though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts