SaabCentral Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I have heard it's not possible to tell the difference between the double and a 22mm.

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'm reluctant to comment directly as my 22mm bar is on a vert'; but, either way offers an improvement [though changing the inner front bushes for poly' is even better]

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Today I did this to Shrek [eucy green 900sev6 auto coupe].

A bit more mercinary in the process, no time to paint the bars funny colours just a case of:

Car on ramps;

Shear old bolts;

Force off single arb and seized in bolts with necessary force;

Work out how many washers required for gap [9 in this case];

Fit bar with washers and M8x60mm stainless bolts;

30 minutes, job done. The spare arb came from the vert, this was upgraded to a 22mm bar last year so what to do with the spare? :lol:

The two bars ready to go on...

Job done, time constraints meant no funky paint job this time, but it is so easy to do...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Bit shocking to see what the UK weather (and salt particulaly) does to the underbody of a car. You'll rarely see a car like that down under... dirty, hell yeah but that much rust - nope. :suprised;

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
For Ragtop

My 9-3 SS needs new tires. I have the infamous Pirellis which for me were excellent.
Now I can buy Avon ZZ3 at 100 euros each (£65) But they are 91W when the 9-3 requires 94W.. I never drive heavily loaded and never above 120mph. How do you feel about using 91W when 94W is recomended. The garage does not want to sell them to me... but they are not discounting the 94Ws....
What do you think?
Cheers,
David

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey David

Imho it's more of a insurance question rather than how heavily you load your car. Also, why would they discount the tyres just because you need em?? Have a look here (may be relevant to you)

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71819

Back to the topic.. I just did my rear sway bar upgrade yesterday. This is how it looks:

Front sway bar is ready and lookin good too :D

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
DavidMorgan said:
Now I can buy Avon ZZ3 at 100 euros each (£65) But they are 91W when the 9-3 requires 94W.. I never drive heavily loaded and never above 120mph. How do you feel about using 91W when 94W is recomended.
How do the insurance companies in France view this? You know your driving style/needs; but, in the UK it's not keeping within manufacturers specification and they can get funny about [you can upgrade though] I should imagine France is not much different. The Avon's are an excellent quality midprice tyre, mine are 91w btw.

RRazor; the front arb, now I've just got to do the same :lol: I've a donor subframe with all the newer thingummies and the fat front bar too. Looking good, I've not yet found the pics of how I pulled the bushes, but some of them are so bound in you just have to dig them out any way you can.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.