SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, who knows what the differences are in the 2007 shark antenna on the top of the car. One truly looks like the top fin of a shark while the other looks like a pad with a pencil sticking out.

Another thread mentioned that if you squeeze the antenna, one without the antenna inside will be flexible. The other will be rigid. I stopped at the dealer on the way home one night and checked. All were rigid and there were two styles.

What gives?????

Thanks!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Search the threads. The issue has been discussed, with pictures!

Just out of curiousity, which car had the "pencil" style antenna? Aero?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kreig,

Thanks. No, the curious thing was that it was not the Aero. It was either a 60th or base. I'll be going by there today. I'll check and pay more attention to the model. At the time that I noticed it though, there didn't seem to be any ryme or reason.

More to follow.

Kelvin

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Do me a favor, take a look at the options too. Maybe the pencil is onstar? XM? Tel1?

My sharkfin is a dummy. Nothing in it. My car doesn't have XM, Onstar, or Tel1.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Krieg,

I saw one post that said if it's empty, it will felx. Is that when you pinch in, left to right, or what? I will check per your suggestion. Although, I won't be able to check until about 11 tonight on my way home from the big city.

Kelvin

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Well, the top of the sharkfin is rubber. It doesn't flex too much, though.

Maybe rubber is better than plastic in terms of not messing up the signals that are coming to the antenna?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts