SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
If I had time, money and space I would love to have one of every Saab model ever made. Is that sad or what!? :roll:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Maybe it is a bit sad but I'm like you Simon, I'd have the lot if I could. I found a 95 a week or two ago, round the corner from my mates house, in pretty good shape, for £450. I was about to pay him out on the spot but my missus put the kybosh on it. The owner reckoned it was worth £1000 but needed the space. Not always a reliable source of info I know but I certainly didn't see it as money chucked away. Ah well, next year..or maybe a 99T!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
My dad had some years back a 96, which I on some occasions had the opportunity to drive. I admit it has distinctive style and nothing can be mixed with it, but I still prefer c900 as a "better" car. I don't mean technícally, of course the c900 is more advanced and civilized, 'cause it's newer design, but the 96 just doesn't do it for me. I've never seen a Sonett live, so that's something to wait for :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
VJS,

Having just purchased a 87 900 turbo, and having owned 4 96's, one currently for sale, I have some observations on the difference between the two cars. Where the 96 really excells is back-road driving (dirt). The combination of those skinny tires and all that suspension travel that's so willing to travel is a marvel to witness. I'm sure a rally prepped 900 is utterly fantastic, but the 96 came out of the box that way, it's on road manners leave something to be desired I know, but I've jumped my 96 @70 miles per hour on one of my backroads with no worry of anything really going wrong, something I would never attempt in my or any stock 900.
I've still never driven or ridden in anything that comes close to the comfort level the 96 gives you on poor roads, both in road handling, noise level, and sucking up the bumps.
So if you have a chance to ride or drive a 96 on some backroads sometime, you'll have a chance to see that old engineering shine. :D

Tim

P.S. I didn"t mean to sound preachy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts