SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now that my pesky 90016T/ EZK LH2.4.2 hybrid is back up and running...

Two Questions: I read here that the best setup was modding the turbo dizzy to have the timing retard feature (under boost) while the EZK does the rest. WHY? The EZK will retard timing based on input from the knock sensor. Is this not retarded enough to optimize the boost?

Has anyone converted their 900T to burn E85? That would be alcohol/petrol mix of 85/15 for those across the pond... The Saab already has a plastic tank and plumbing? Any other parts of the fuel system that might not be compatable with alcohol fuel?
The E85 is running .80 cents less a gallon than the cheapest gasoline here is my prime motivator.

Thanks!

·
Registered
491 Posts
i didnt think there was any "converting" that needed to be done. Just put it in and sniff the exhaust. maybe for e100, but that's probably why they dont sell it. I also hear e85 has a higher octane rating. Know a guy who mixed a little bit of e85 with regular gasoline to get something above 93 octane gas. Not sure if it worked though. :lol: . If it were diesel, then I could tell you...bio-diesel is where it's at!!-Alex

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Banman said:
Two Questions: I read here that the best setup was modding the turbo dizzy to have timing retard feature (under boost) while the EZK does the rest. WHY? The EZK will retard timing based on input from the knock sensor. Is this not retarded enough to optimize the boost?
EZK isn't on Turbo's, only N/A's. The knock sensor inputs to the APC only.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I said Hybrid--I meant it! My '91 EZK/LH2.4.2 had its motor replaced with a'92 turbo(and all turbo plumbing) except the APC.

...and of course saying it was "up and running again" jinxed me--it stalled again today--must be the f---ing crank sensor:evil:

Are you saying there's such a thing as a Saab 900 diesel? I'd like to see that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts