SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to finish a deal with Nordic for stage 3 with FMIC. It took a while for them to sort out documentation required to import to Turkey and nowadays close to come to an end. While waiting, I noticed a black wagon like mine with twin exhaust and loved the looks. Nordic confirms that Ferrita will only sell single pipe. I couldn't get an answer if I would buy a similar end tail pipe and fit it to the current Aero silencer. I will have to do a lot of moulding etc at muffler shop but these stuff is cheap to make in Turkey compared to EU and USA.

As Nordic is OK just to supply the ECU for stage 3, I can pick and chose what to import and what to purchase and apply locally. All major European exhaust companies exist in Turkey. These are the parts I need to import for stage 3 + FMIC:
- ECU (Nordic)
- Donwpipe (Nordic)
- 3" Race cat (Nordic)
- FPR 3.5 bar (easier to supply from Nordic)
- K&N filter (available in locally)
- 4" end tail pipe (Nordic or can be local, no problem)
- 2.5 Stainless Steel Sports Exhaust - Ferrita (need advice)

So my main question is if it will be easy to buy locally another brand sport exhaust system with a silencer brand you advice? I just think that a muffler shop can do the pipes after downpipe even with a 3" instead of Ferrita's 2.5" (any better?) and arrange exit for 2 silencers so all I need to worry should be which silencer and would this cause a disadvantage to Ferrita supplied by Nordic. All these are asked to Nordic but they tend not to comment on anything other then their standart system.

Actually same would apply for FMIC. If I visit a shop selling intercoolers (mostly would be for trucks etc) and check the space available to fit the biggest, thickest IC with best possible airflow, is this possible to apply in real world or am I just to optimistic?

Attachments

·
Registered
809 Posts
Exhausts

Downpipe is easy to made,the problem is catalyst-either you drive without or you should buy a racing one from Ferrita ,JT etc.to match the downpipe diameter.
If your year check is serious you should have one.
There are many posts concerning that and if I remember correctly 3" or apr 8cm is the biggest size which can be fitted without touching something.
Few months ago we asked BSR for dual exhaust and they answer that there is no performance gain,compare to single sport exhaust and it is just for the look.
If you can find a good shop where they can produce SS 2.5" exhaust-what is a problem,even you can ask for straight mid-section etc.
There are few guys with FMIC-it must be long but not thick-it will decrease the efficiency .
Most people ,even with very powerful cars prefer new ,high-flow IC on stock place-more expensive,but easy to fit.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello my friend in Bulgaria :D . My best option then is to bring it myself from UK next month or having it shipped from Sweden. Do you know which company sells these high flow ones? Is the Nordic one as you have described because they will already ship me some parts soon.
So downpipe is also easy to make locally but I need to buy the race cat also from Nordic.

I'm going to opt for twin exhaust just for the looks as long as it is not a massive price increase. I'm thinking that just a silencer, tail pipe and connectiong pipes should not cost that much. I believe Ferrita should sell the silencer separately but don't understand Swedish to understand their website.

·
Registered
809 Posts
To Cat or not to Cat...

Easyest way is from our site sponsor:http://www.partsforsaabs.com/default.php?cPath=28_289_500
direct from Jetex UK
http://www.jetex.co.uk/website/sportscatalysts.php?eng=Turbo+or+Supercharged&hp=256-325bhp&dia=2.5+inch

Ferrita of course-you are still able to buy without VAT!
http://www.ferrita.com/eng/default.asp?c=shop&cat=17&subcat=68&id=
But I guess that it will be easy ,time and nerve saving to take it from Nordic-they sell 3"one and to recieve it with other upgrades.
It is not advise because it is illegal but it's possible to buy and run downpipe without cat and once before your emission test for 30 min in garrage to fit the old and ecologic dounpipe for a while;).
BSR is also an option,they work fast and products look well
http://en.bsrab.se/products/4006418/
and http://en.bsrab.se/products/4106432/
Enjoy the new power level and post some pics when you're done.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
A custom Twin pipe set up is not so expensive.

SpoolinAero had this setup untill recently. I bought my wheels from the PO ( previous owner) hwo siad it was nto so expensive.

So get the Downpipe with race cat 3" all and then do 3" to splitter Y ppe and you can run dual 2.5s

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It can be a while to complete the project but you can see my new wheels in the mean time :cool: .

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560885168zFUFOS

Is there any under car photo that shows how a twin exhaust is applied for a 2004-2005 9-5? I'm really curious why neither BSR, nor Ferrita supplies twin exit for 2004+. If it is adjusting the plastic parts, it is very easy. I wonder if there's a problem on where to attach the second silencer etc.

·
Registered
312 Posts
yes speedparts have dual exhaust to saab 9-5 . I think the maker is JT super flow,

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Unfortunately also doesn't list twins for AERO 2004+. I wonder what the issue is. It just can't be just cutting of the plastic insert. Something under the car for sure has changed. The silencer at the right is pretty small compared to the one on the left so why wouldn't this fit? It has a different attachment thing then the one on right though. Maybe that's the issue but a muffler shop can always take care of this. The only thing left is that there's not enough room for the pipe to extend to the left. But I'm not aware of any change to 2004 compared to 2003 Aero. Only a plastic insert at the bumber is the difference.

On the other hand wouldn't different sized silencer cause different notes from each end or is it the end tail pipe giving the note?

I added the picture of the twin system for Aero models until 2003 and what is the only option for 2004+.

PS: How can I insert a photo at bigger size. I see big photos inserted in some messages and I can only insert 50kb thumbnail linked photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
hmmm...i had my dual 3" exhaust done for about 375 with two magnaflow mufflers...im 18 and cant even dream of buying the bolt on exhausts(even though it would be fun to put it on myself)

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
9-5Aero22 said:
hmmm...i had my dual 3" exhaust done for about 375 with two magnaflow mufflers...im 18 and cant even dream of buying the bolt on exhausts(even though it would be fun to put it on myself)
I'm 19 and got a 3" mandrel bent bolt on for roughly $500 shipped! :cool:

Age is no restriction! :p

Used a lot of my paycheck on it though... :confused:

·
Registered
312 Posts
9-5Aero22 said:

18 and drives an AERO...u lucky *******...when i was 18 i coud only afford a 1,3L toyota(FU#"¤%"#¤%#"¤ car taxes in Norway)...still cant afford an AERO (because of the g"#¤#¤d D!"#¤"#¤m norwegian car taxes) a new AERO cost about 110K dollars in norway.) in sweden..under half i would think.well...enjoy the car u lucky *******.

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
saab95lpt2l said:
18 and drives an AERO...u lucky *******...when i was 18 i coud only afford a 1,3L toyota(FU#"¤%"#¤%#"¤ car taxes in Norway)...still cant afford an AERO (because of the g"#¤#¤d D!"#¤"#¤m norwegian car taxes) a new AERO cost about 110K dollars in norway.) in sweden..under half i would think.well...enjoy the car u lucky *******.
Hehe I guess being 19 DOES make a difference 9-5Aero22. He completely avoided me in that little outburst! :cheesy:

·
Registered
312 Posts
hehe..not everybody lives in cartaxes friendly country... a crappy low hp vw GOLF cost 40K dollars+++ bigger enginge and horsepower...more money on import taxes on the new car.... there is one good reason to have an old crappy car when u are young....cheap insurance, and bumps and rust dont show because the car was full off it before u made them..hehe and it was a easy car to fix things youre self.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
a simular but for the older aeros cost in norwegian kroner 4850 (about 868 $ ...1 dollar =5.28Norwegian kroner) so somthing similar i would think speed*parts does not list this items on their page...but the systems on their page which is not JT Superflow is Simons...so they should be able to get the exhaust...ore at least give u a price.

looks good to

·
Registered
263 Posts
haha i hope he isnt really mad. i have insurance to thank because i got the car from insurance compensation from a previous accident that wasnt my fault...

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
9-5Aero22 said:
haha i hope he isnt really mad. i have insurance to thank because i got the car from insurance compensation from a previous accident that wasnt my fault...
Haha same story for me! My old Tahoe got hit while parked at 3 in the morning by a drunk driver and totaled it. Crazy thing to see a small outback (not the full length wagon version) replace my Tahoe by pushing it forward they hit so hard! :eek:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts