SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm currently helping a guy replace and program a new TWICE module with associated keys. I'm using WIS as a guide but I cannot figure out what is going on in the image it displays (I've attached a screenshot of the page), specifically what 'D' and 'C' refer to. If anyone has previous experience reprogramming a twice or adding new keys to a 9-5 I would appreciate some guidance.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
They refer to the ignition positions ie on or off etc.
The procedure if for a brand new twice with its matched transponder..is this what you have or is it from a breaker?

The procedure can be found over on the Tech2 thread

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They refer to the ignition positions ie on or off etc.
The procedure if for a brand new twice with its matched transponder..is this what you have or is it from a breaker?

The procedure can be found over on the Tech2 thread
It shows a key or something in the transponder as well as the ignition though? Do you only need the key in the ignition?

Yeah he bought a brand new twice with two uncut keys that are supposedly linked to the twice already. The transponder is old however. Will that still work or did he order the wrong stuff?

Sorry I'm not too knowledgeable on 9-5 systems, I've only ever worked on 9-3's.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
The images show both the three button key insert and the top of the "old" style key (which contained the transponder chip)

In the pic the transponder ring has been temporarily removed so that the hard key can turn the ignition whilst the new twice transponder can be read.

I'm not sure how Saab shipped new Twice units but they would have had to come with a precoded key of some kind in order to install the Twice and get into the system to recode the existing keys.

So first of all what type of key came with the twice?..hopefully the three button insert as that is easier to deal with as you just install the Twice swap the insert into the existing key and then program the immobiliser which should then allow you to start the car.(ie you dont have to move the transponder receiver ring in this scenario)

Its a bit harder to do if they are the older key and you have to worry about changing ignition barrels etc

You can then add the existing keys again the procedure is outlined in the Tech2 threads or you can go through it at www.tech2wiki.com

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The images show both the three button key insert and the top of the "old" style key (which contained the transponder chip)

In the pic the transponder ring has been temporarily removed so that the hard key can turn the ignition whilst the new twice transponder can be read.

I'm not sure how Saab shipped new Twice units but they would have had to come with a precoded key of some kind in order to install the Twice and get into the system to recode the existing keys.

So first of all what type of key came with the twice?..hopefully the three button insert as that is easier to deal with as you just install the Twice swap the insert into the existing key and then program the immobiliser which should then allow you to start the car.(ie you dont have to move the transponder receiver ring in this scenario)

Its a bit harder to do if they are the older key and you have to worry about changing ignition barrels etc

You can then add the existing keys again the procedure is outlined in the Tech2 threads or you can go through it at www.tech2wiki.com
He had ordered a new TWICE with 2 of the new style keys it looks like. Thanks for the response, that pretty much answers all of my questions!;ol; Looks like it should be pretty strait forward then once he gets the keys cut.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I programmed the immobilizer and now both the keys work. However, I can get the engine to crank but it will not start. The dash displays "Theft Protection System Failure" and from my own research it looks like one of the modules needed to start the car still holds the wrong immobilizer value. I've tried now to go back and do more programming but every time I try to connect to the car now it says "No DICE detected". For one, I thought the 08's didn't even have DICE modules? We tried pulling the negative on the battery for 30 minutes to reset any codes and still the same message popped up.

Pretty lost at this point as to what to do.

·
Registered
829 Posts
How did you program the new module.. as in what setup did you use? Just a Tech2?

If you were to outline the steps you used this may be easier to figure out.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Well your right the 08 cars arent supposed to have a DICE but now the car seems to think it has.
The only thing you can try is removing the Twice module with the Tech2 and then adding it again...you should be able to get past the error screens(ok) but it will continually nag you until you sort the configuration of the modules out.

If you get to the full module list with ok and missing then getting past that you should be able to update the configuration....I cant remember exactly how to get there.

Might be better if a mod moved this over to the Tech2 section -you may get some more help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts