SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced a twice molude but didn't get the matching keys,,can I still take it to a tech two mechanic shop... I have the original key,, to the car want to have it tow to shop I'm I wasting my time??? Since I didn't buy the twice with matching key???

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Twice module

I replaced the ECM and the twice molude.. mechanic said he's still can't get a response from the tech 11 scan...is it because I didn't get the matching key??? I do have the original key to my self 93 drop top??? Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Twice molude

Can anyone help me out.. I replaced the twice molude... but didn't buy it with the matching key,, I still have the original key.. please any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
9,371 Posts
TWICE without a matching, programmed key is useless box. :(

Why did you change the original TWICE out? If it is still operational, you can reinstall it and the car should run.

No one should sell you a TWICE without a matching key and remote is cheating you. If you got it from a scrap car, well you have to get a key as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mechanic shop told me to replace the twice and ECM..my car was running hot.. I was trying to make it the mechanic shop and the car just over heating and just stop..when I had it towed to the shop,,he said that I needed to replace the twice and ECM.. I bought one from the scan yard with out the matching key.. I didn't know that you needed to have the matching key... I still have the original key.and the original twice.. what's should I do now...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can I call a locksmith and have him reprogram my key..or make a new key to match the twice molude... I bought two of them..the price was like$20 ..for both.. I have had a mechanic replace the original twice and the ECM.. but it still doesn't read on tech all scan..car still won't start???

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Twice molude.. without the matching key

I bought two twice molude..both without the matching keys.. I had them place in my 01,93 se drop top..car still won't start.. I'm in Newark NJ.. and need help bad!!! Can anyone help me with some questions that I have.. I still have the original key and the twice molude that I took out from my se

·
Registered
10,278 Posts
You have to buy a TWICE module with a key that's matched up to it. They're useless without a key. What was wrong with your original, if you still have the key to that?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My car was over heating, I told to make it to the mechanic shop and the car just stopped in the middle of the street,,had it towed the mechanic said that the twice and ECM had to be replaced... I found two for a good price..I thought didn't know I had to buy one with the matching key!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2001 93 se...93000 miles never had any issues with the car,before... I only drive it 3 months out the year!!! True roadster never seen the winter.. I put her back up as soon as labor day holiday is over!! My every day driver is a 2005 97x..and a 2002 95 my work horse of the bunch!!

·
Registered
9-3 02 190K 900SE 98 90K
96 Posts
My car was over heating, I told to make it to the mechanic shop and the car just stopped in the middle of the street,,had it towed the mechanic said that the twice and ECM had to be replaced... I found two for a good price..I thought didn't know I had to buy one with the matching key!!
Why the twice and ECM? Sounds like the mechanic is trying to pull a fast one on you. I would have checked levels, quality, oil pressure and the coolant thermostat first.

The twice module MUST HAVE a key programmed to it or you might as well have purchased a colorful brick, they are designed to never work again if all keys are lost. I believe you can replace the ECM and use a tech II to link spare equipment including your old twice if the ECM is truly the culprit (hint: I doubt it)

·
Registered
9-3 02 190K 900SE 98 90K
96 Posts
Can I call a locksmith and have him reprogram my key..or make a new key to match the twice molude... I bought two of them..the price was like$20 ..for both.. I have had a mechanic replace the original twice and the ECM.. but it still doesn't read on tech all scan..car still won't start???
Not sure about the spam posting but there is no saving a TWICE module if there are no keys programmed to it. Unless you have a crazy computer modding and console hacking scene in your attic haha. You will find out real quick that a salvage twice with working keys is going to cost a lot more than $20. Mechanics love it when they have a broken-down car on their lot because it is an easy opportunity to gut you for cash. Issue could be as small as you ran outta oil or some part of the oil/coolant system is clogged.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok thanks I will check the oil level,but the car crank but won't start!!! Should I try to reflash the original twice ..now that it is out of my car and I have the original key to my car???

·
Registered
9-3 02 190K 900SE 98 90K
96 Posts
Ok thanks I will check the oil level,but the car crank but won't start!!! Should I try to reflash the original twice ..now that it is out of my car and I have the original key to my car???
If you replaced the twice without matching keys then the car will immobilize itself by disabling the fuel pump, from what you said, it looks like you need your old twice put back in.
Be careful trying to start the car until you have tangible evidence the engine is lubricated correctly. I personally would open the timing cover and crank the car with the fuel system disabled to see if oil makes it's way to the top. There may already be damage from the first time the car died on an overheat condition.

·
Registered
9,371 Posts
There are some companies who say that they can reprogram a TWICE but it's going to cost you.

You are basically out $20 (plus whatever the mechanic is charging), and have a car that doesn't run. Why was the original TWICE removed?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I have a twice with 1 matching key. I originally bought it for an early 9-5 I had. I do not know if a 9-5 twice would work in a 9-3. I am sure someone here can tell us.

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
You NEED TWICE with paired key.
There is NO exception.

·
Super Moderator
9,064 Posts
@Alloutsports all threads regarding the twice module are now in this thread,there is no need to start different threads on the same subject matter and clutter up the board..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I apologize,, I wasn't getting any response,,new to the line.. just wanted some opinions.. I will not do it again.. please accept my apologies

1 - 20 of 47 Posts