SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother lost the key to the car and had to by a twice computer off eby that came with the key it was for a 9-5 Saab 2003. When we tried to start it all it would do is turn the engine and not fire up or nither would the fuel injection would not work.. then put a tester on it sead crank sensor and we change it. Still nothing. Do you still have to program that twice computer to the car still even though it the same model of car it came out of.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just from memory if it’s a security issue the car doesn’t crank.
If it’s cranking and not firing and cps is good (tacho should move slightly, very slightly) it’s probably the DIC.
I can’t see the article just at the moment but I seem to recall checking the DIC by pulling it off, turning it upside down fitting spark plugs into the sockets earthing the plugs and turning the ignition on. Plugs should all fire a number of times to “clean” them selves. Don’t forget to stand back...

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
My brother lost the key to the car and had to by a twice computer off eby that came with the key it was for a 9-5 Saab 2003. When we tried to start it all it would do is turn the engine and not fire up or nither would the fuel injection would not work.. then put a tester on it sead crank sensor and we change it. Still nothing. Do you still have to program that twice computer to the car still even though it the same model of car it came out of.
Yes. You need to marry TWICE to car.
You have IMMO present now.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just from memory if it’s a security issue the car doesn’t crank.
If it’s cranking and not firing and cps is good (tacho should move slightly, very slightly) it’s probably the DIC.
I can’t see the article just at the moment but I seem to recall checking the DIC by pulling it off, turning it upside down fitting spark plugs into the sockets earthing the plugs and turning the ignition on. Plugs should all fire a number of times to “clean” them selves. Don’t forget to stand back...
Sorry my bad - an unrecognized key will prevent turning over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts