SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So WIS says remove the LH seat, remove TWICE, easy.

How typical is it in the junkyard that the seat bolts will be accessible? Or do you need to bring along a power pack to guarantee you can get the seat out of the way?

I'm thinking that if I come across a 9-5 with a key, I should grab the key and TWICE because presumably they will be matched. But I generally won't have a power pack or the time to fiddle with the seat's motors.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
WIS section 8 (body) adjustment/replacement: "emergency operation of electrically adjustable seat"

·
Registered
421 Posts
I can tell you from experience it's a lot easier to bring a power pack if the car has keys. Slide the seats back and forth, undo the bolts and be done with it.

See image for procedure without power.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Certainly the key(s) + TWICE are an important pairing (or just the key electronic modules), but the key + ignition cylinder/barrel are a similarly valuable combo. All three together - The Holy Trinity!

That certainly is a complicated emergency procedure. I was expecting something like the flexible shaft thing on the 9000. I'll continue trying to sneak a 14.5 V drill battery in!

Doug

·
Registered
9,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WIS section 8 (body) adjustment/replacement: "emergency operation of electrically adjustable seat"

I like step 1, "raise the seat to maximum height". :roll:

Certainly the key(s) + TWICE are an important pairing (or just the key electronic modules), but the key + ignition cylinder/barrel are a similarly valuable combo. All three together - The Holy Trinity!

That's assuming the cylinder works properly. Of course, it's possible to rekey a good cylinder to match your car's existing keys--I managed to do that without making too big a mess.

·
Registered
9,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have thought of another approach. Not sure if it will work--ran out of time today (got an ECU instead). As a side benefit, my approach helps your cadio as well. :cheesy:

·
Registered
9,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Behold!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have thought of another approach. Not sure if it will work--ran out of time today (got an ECU instead). As a side benefit, my approach helps your cadio as well. :cheesy:

So, this is what you can do, if you can only get at two of the seat bolts.

1. Undo the seat bolts you can get at.
2. Rock the seat back and forth.
3. Repeat 10,000 times.
10004. The floor sheet metal finally tears completely and the seat is loose!​
;ol;:p:cool:

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
It's not hard to re-wire the seat motors to move them, I've done it to get the seats out of a car that I was poaching for one of the members on this forum.

I used the 18v battery on my drill/impact to do the trick and a couple of alligator clips (one of which unfortunately I left behind, I miss the black one in my set!)

take a look at the WIS and you can see what the colors are for the wires and you can then power the seat from a battery. OR even more interesting if the car has a key (the point of this post) you can use your battery to power the whole car and turn the key on and then work the seats. I unfortunately did not have one with a key and had to hot-wire the seats.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I recently pulled some of the ventilated seats (score!) out of yard and I was able to just hook power right up to the battery terminals and the seats moved on their own without any keys or hassle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts