SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just got myself a pair of Canton Tweeters. My current setup is stock HU with BA S35s in the dash and a sub in the boot the rest of the speakers are still stock.

Tapping off the dash speakers, any ideas where could be a good place to mount and point the tweeters? They should be as far apart as possible right? or is it a myth...? and should i direct both speakers right to the centre of the cabin?

Thanks...

·
Super Moderator
20,336 Posts
jackchoo said:
Hi guys, I just got myself a pair of Canton Tweeters. My current setup is stock HU with BA S35s in the dash and a sub in the boot the rest of the speakers are still stock.

Tapping off the dash speakers, any ideas where could be a good place to mount and point the tweeters? They should be as far apart as possible right? or is it a myth...? and should i direct both speakers right to the centre of the cabin?

Thanks...
I believe there is a spot next to the 3.5 drivers for a tweeter, otherwise as far apart as possible. Aiming is your preference.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Your Bostons already have tweeters. So mounting new tweeters 2" away doesn't make sense to me. I suppose you could disconnect the S35 tweeters.

A-pillar is probaby the best sounding place for these, but we have airbags in there. Airbag deployment is a very forceful and explosive event. Can't recommend any alterations of the A-pillar trim.

What type of crossover do you plan to use?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Added the tweeter pods and placed them on the dash (at both ends) directing to the centre of the cabin.

First impressions : staging is improved!

Now with treble settings about +10 degrees from mid setting, sounds good to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts