SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 89' SPG and I'd like to put on 195/55-15' tires. Since the originals were 195/65-15' it is possible to recieve a penalty of 400 EUR in my country if a policeman suspects and checks the data ...

But getting it legal is quite a simple procedure if I have something called a "TUV Certificate" for the particular alloy wheel model. I was told that for many wheels these certificates can be found on the web. I've just spent an hour trying to find it, but came up with nothing ...

So does anyone have any idea where I can find a TUV certificate for my c900's original 15' aero wheels?

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
They should have been approved by TUV by Saab but maybe not. Usually this is only availible info for aftermarket wheels.

Why would you want 195/55 tires they look too small ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
900t said:
Why would you want 195/55 tires they look too small ;)
Well since lower profile tires give better handling due to less side wall flex, why wouldn't you want them?

Plus they look better :p

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
grif900 said:
All of the tuv anything Ive ever seen was written in German.
Yep, TUV is a German standards-approval kind of thing. Think UL in USA or CSA in Canada except bigger.

Nah they don't look better to have teeny itsy bitsy wheels ;) If you want 55's I would move to a 205 width (to make the overall diameter more consistent).

·
Registered
948 Posts
PHP:
 Well since lower profile tires give better handling due to less side wall flex, why wouldn't you want them?

Ive got 195/55 on my saab and they ride like crap...
They are very still and you feel every vibration.
They will only look better if you plan on lowering the car specifically in the front. Unless you like the whole open wheel well look lol...

Sorry I gues mine are 205/50 so 195/55 might not be as bad

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
shaverjeff said:
PHP:

Ive got 195/55 on my saab and they ride like crap...
They are very still and you feel every vibration.
They will only look better if you plan on lowering the car specifically in the front. Unless you like the whole open wheel well look lol...
SPG is lower than the other models. The mail reason for 195/55 is better handling, but I don't want it to look ugly :confused: I didn't think about it before ...

The ride in a SPG is already rougher than, for instance in my 92' c900 Vert, no question about it. But since the Vert gives me open top pleasures, I've decided to have the SPG for handlling pleasures (yeah, I'm a c900 hedonist :cool: ), so I'll except the compromise of having a rougher ride.

But now the question - will the handling with 195/55 comparing to 195/60 or 195/65 really be better? Enought to really notice it, not just theoretically?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts