SaabCentral Forums banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
just a little tease. waiting on some glue to dry, then i might tackle the lenses this weekend.

as you can see, stock housing is intact, but i lied there is some cutting needed, the shrough has to be trimmed about an inch.

i have about an hour of work into it so far if you exclude waiting for glue and paint to dry.

i will make a full writeup once i finalize everything and have them done.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
:D i like. i'm not surprised the shrouds have to be trimmed. i can't think of a single retrofitting example where they don't. gonna figure out the wiring so that there's no "HEADLIGHT FAILURE"?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
also, the shrouds size wise fit in the housing, if i can get the projectors to sit a tad bit higher it will fit with no cutting, or if you cut off the halogen reflector mounting rails it will prolly fit, but i already painted the housings.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
that is brilliant! I never would have though of using that way to mount the projectors to the reflector. That is far less work than what I did. Now we need someone to find out how to polish the lenses after then have been ground down and we got ourselves a fairly easy retrofit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
FYI, there is a Russia guy on ebay selling OG 9-3 clear polycarbonate lenses. I got a pair for $150 shipped. I still need to wait til more money comes in before I order my HID kit, but this seemed like the hardest part to secure vs making my own or grinding down my glass lenses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FYI, there is a Russia guy on ebay selling OG 9-3 clear polycarbonate lenses. I got a pair for $150 shipped. I still need to wait til more money comes in before I order my HID kit, but this seemed like the hardest part to secure vs making my own or grinding down my glass lenses.
Hey, I don't know if you are gonna see this but have you got the lenses of that guy in russia? I was considering to buy some lenses for my civic to retrofit.

The seller that you order is named jamhid? Have you got the lenses? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey, I don't know if you are gonna see this but have you got the lenses of that guy in russia? I was considering to buy some lenses for my civic to retrofit.

The seller that you order is named jamhid? Have you got the lenses? Thanks a lot!
Yep that's the guy. I got the lenses and they are high quality. I haven't done the headlight conversion yet unfortunately, but I will probably get back on it in the next month or two.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts