SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My battery died in my '96 Saab 9000 CS. I put a new battery in it, and tried to turn it over. The engine kept turning over but wouldn't start. My Check engine light was on prior to changing the battery, so I had a buddy hook up his scan tool, but no codes were read. Did the computer get reset? My friend also mentioned the tach not registering at all. Indicating that the CPS could be to blame for the car not starting. He also mentioned the immobilizer. I figured i would throw this issue to you, to either confirm his suspicions, or have a different culprit all together. Thanks in advance.

-Jack

·
Registered
85 Posts
My battery died in my '96 Saab 9000 CS. I put a new battery in it, and tried to turn it over. The engine kept turning over but wouldn't start. My Check engine light was on prior to changing the battery, so I had a buddy hook up his scan tool, but no codes were read. Did the computer get reset? My friend also mentioned the tach not registering at all. Indicating that the CPS could be to blame for the car not starting. He also mentioned the immobilizer. I figured i would throw this issue to you, to either confirm his suspicions, or have a different culprit all together. Thanks in advance.

-Jack
Did you blip the immobiliser 5 times to reset it when you put the battery in?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did press the FOB 5 times and reset the remote/alarm. But it still Won't start. Plus, I can hear my fuel pump engage when the key is turned to the "on" position, so I assume that is not the issue.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Well what I do, and I am kinda of hillbilly, is leave the spark plugs in the engine and remove the DI leaving that hooked up to its pigtail, get another set of plugs put them in the DI and ground the electrodes to the valve cover and turn it over to see if I have spark. The rest depends on that.
Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.