SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I pulled apart the dashboard of my 86 900 to replace it. Half way through I had to leave, so i just stuck the dash up so it looked secured and drove off.

I noticed the turn signals no longer worked (Nothing on the dash, no lights, no click-click sound) along the way.

After I was done and went to leave, the car would not start and I was getting 6v off the battery, so something was shorting out somewhere. I pulled all non-critical fuses and eventually it went away, so I drove home to work on it.

When I got home I put all the fuses back in, and everything was fine. No more short. Turn signals still don't work, and I have no clue what to look for. I checked the wires going into the switch, but I don't know what to check other than they're connected securely.

Anyone have a wiring diagram or suggestion on what to check? They worked fine before I pulled the dash out.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had no idea the turn signals were routed through the hazard switch. Works perfectly now, thanks!

Anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for the dash switches? I may have mixed a few buttons up (Snowflake, recirculate air, etc.) and want to get them right. And I can't figure out how to reassemble the headlight/runninglight switch :cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts