SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both my hazard and turn signals aren't working. I've checked the fuse and changed bur it blows the fuse every time. I'm checking the relays but I'm not sure witch one it is. The relay box has a relay that says lamp light high beam and low beam on one relay. The box also has 2 relays one says high beam and one says low beam. Where IS the turn signal relay?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've checked the dice fuses and they all work. What else could cause the signals to not work? My hazards don't work either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, All the DICE. If you're blowing fuses, odds are high that one of your turn signals is shorted near the bulb holder.
Are you sure it would be near the bulb holder? When I put the fuse in the passenger side signals worked and the left worked then stopped. I put in a new fuse and only the passenger worked so my question is would is be the driver side that had the short?

·
Registered
8,478 Posts
We don't know where the problem is, but the fuses should never blow, so there's a problem somewhere. The wiring is relatively vulnerable and subject to possible abuse close to the sockets, that's why it's a good place to start.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Bob / Edt - I recall the rear fog light & Connection (RHS - in the key area) often causing intermittent issues like this - but I'm not certain it was related to hazard lights. Comments?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not intermittent they worked now it only blows the fuse when I try to use the driver side signals passenger works tell the fuse blows. Driver side won't light up at all now.

·
Registered
8,478 Posts
You can remove all turn signal bulbs (front and back) and see if fuse still blows. If it does, then for sure it's a wiring problem, the bulbs are not the cause.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts