SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I recently received a replacement Turn Signal Switch for my '86 900 Turbo.

The problem is that I don't know where to plug the 7 wires that connect to the back of the switch (i.e. connectors / pins).

Can someone please give me a hand with the specific spots (wiring order) for each of the wires that plug into the connectors / pins?

P.s.
I found a thread with a great picture (the first in the list) of the 7 connectors in question.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237505&highlight=turn+signal+switch

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Peva,

I looked through that e-manual you provided and found on pages (144-146) that the "Direction Indicator Stalk Switch" (Part #24) is described.

Would any of you folks be able to help me interpret the electrical diagram on page 146?

Thanks a lot for your time, everyone.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
What exactly is the problem? Explanation of symbols and conventions plus location of components is explained is the manual. The wiring diagram for the US is on page 150. Page 144-146 is other countries as shown in the heading.

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
Component #24
There are tiny numbers on the switch, next to the connectors. there are little numbers next to each wire illustrated in the diagram.

#1 is brown/white
#54 is larger green (1.0 mm diameter)
#3 is green/red
#2 is smaller green (0.75)
R is red/white
L is blue/white

All that information is in the diagram you're looking at. Instructions for reading it are in the introduction to section 3.2 of the manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts