SaabCentral Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
Yann it sounds like the speaker in the sid has failed . It is attached (soldered) to the PCB within the SID unit .

A cheap fix that I have used in the past it to connect a small speaker ( eg as found in older computers ) .
Done by soldering two fly leads to the pins of the original speaker . I have then double sided tape that speaker to the outside of the SID unit .
If you want a more professional ( original ) fix , then you can buy replacement speakers from SAAB SID AC unit LCD pixel failure unit repairs DIY - new ribbon cable.

They also offer a repair service if you are not confortable working with delicate soldering on a PCB .

So, i replace the New buzzer. The click sound is Ok, but there are no other sounds?!

Yes, the little speaker on SID.
Yann , WHat other sounds are you expecting ? It will give the blinker click , and also beep for certain faults or steps in a convertible roof operation, eg Finished closing . If you have the blinker sounding , I suspect the job is good !
You may have warning chirps turned off ( I think that is available as an option in tech 2 ) or you may have no faults the sid whishes to bring to your attention . Well done on fitting a new speaker , I have found then finicky !

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.