SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning. I have a 2000 9-5 and when i was out today i went to turn and the turn signal did not indicate, when i got home i checked the fuses and the turn signal switch was blown. I replaced the fuse and when i signal the fuse will then blow again. I am assuming that this means i am having an issue with the switch? would this be correct? The DICE fuses do not seem to be blowing and the hazards are working as well. Are there any recommeneded troubleshooting for this issue? I would hate to spend all day trying to track down a switch and replace it just to find its the DICE or vice versa.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After doing some more testing today, the right turn signals are always on now. I removed the switch and the lights are still on. Does this mean that the DICE unit is defective or something else? how would one diagnose this next?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After doing some more testing today, the right turn signals are always on now. I removed the switch and the lights are still on. Does this mean that the DICE unit is defective or something else? how would one diagnose this next?
To further clarify this, the signal lights are solid on, not blinking, they are just on just like a headlight on that side.

Any suggestions on further troubleshooting?

G

·
if you suspect the dice, disconnect it and try it. the car will start without the DICE. im pretty sure the Twice is the one controlling signals, do you hear the chime sound from the SID unit when you do the signal? the WIS says to check for intermediate wiper operation to see if the DICE is working properly. use the windsheild washer and wait for the extra wipe after a couple seconds.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you suspect the dice, disconnect it and try it. the car will start without the DICE. im pretty sure the Twice is the one controlling signals, do you hear the chime sound from the SID unit when you do the signal? the WIS says to check for intermediate wiper operation to see if the DICE is working properly. use the windsheild washer and wait for the extra wipe after a couple seconds.
I have ruled out the DICE unit. When the car is off, both flashers work, but as soon as the car is turned on the right turn signals become illuminated. When i disconnect the DICE unit the flashers do not come on when the car is off, but when i turn the car on the lights still come on.

Any thoughts where to start looking for the short?

G

·
strart from the signal bulbs. check them. and again do you hear that chime sound when you do the signals? your TWICE unit has alot to do with the signal operation.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
strart from the signal bulbs. check them. and again do you hear that chime sound when you do the signals? your TWICE unit has alot to do with the signal operation.
Yes. I do get the chime when the car is off and the flashers are working correctly. As for the TWICE when I disconnect the DICE the flashers do not function at all but the right side still cones on when the car is turned on.

I have disconnected each bulb one by one and I still have the issue. It is acting as if there is a short providing power along the wiring of the right side powering the lights when the car is on as well as.blowing the switch fuse when I signal to the right (the fuse doesn't blow signaling to the left)

G

·
if you get the chime, then the Twice unit is doing its job by providing it with the voltage to operate the signals. check the trunk wiring that commonly breaks right at the trunk lid. and you said you removed all the signal bulbs and you still got the fuse to blow? could also be a faulty signal switch?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if you get the chime, then the Twice unit is doing its job by providing it with the voltage to operate the signals. check the trunk wiring that commonly breaks right at the trunk lid. and you said you removed all the signal bulbs and you still got the fuse to blow? could also be a faulty signal switch?
Not the switch. The switch is.currently disconnected.

However I just removed the day time running lights fuse and.shut the lights off and the light goes off and both hazards work with the car on. It appears that the short is coming from the headlights to the direction lights. Poked around in the trunk a bit but there aren't directional lights that run there. Any ideas where the lights and right directional share a harness?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok. It's the front light. I just disconnected it and the other lights work and the fuse doesn't blow. Now I just need to find the damn short lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts