SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My left turn signal started clicking at me really fast today. That usually means a bulb is burnt out. Low and behold, front left light was not blinking, and side marker and rear signal were blinking as fast as the indicator in the car. No biggie - front bulb burnt out I thought.

On the way home from lunch, it starts working fine. Loose bulb or something?

Anyone else have this problem? Thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is weird, it seems to work sometimes. It will be NOT working, then if I turn my wheel to the left a certain way (can't figure it out), it starts working fine. So it can't be the blub.

Great, my first official Saab electrical gremlin! :eek:

·
Registered
189 Posts
bringing this one back from the dead, this happened to me too, except the front headlight went out and when I shut the car off and restrated it about 30 minutes later, everything was fine...

Opinions?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
jjjetta said:
My left turn signal started clicking at me really fast today. That usually means a bulb is burnt out. Low and behold, front left light was not blinking, and side marker and rear signal were blinking as fast as the indicator in the car. No biggie - front bulb burnt out I thought.

On the way home from lunch, it starts working fine. Loose bulb or something?

Anyone else have this problem? Thanks!
Yes, in the car and at home.
Filaments break and then re weld themselves - happens all the time. Eventually the break gap becomes too wide and the bulb stays dead.Until "The Fonz" shows up and raps the bulb again, presto- it works- for a short time:cheesy: .
Rogue bulbs do this, most die quietly..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Side Marker Popping Out

I got home tonight and found the passenger's side marker light casing completely out and hanging by the wire. It still blinks and all and I was able to slide it back into place. But I'm wondering what the DIY fix is...a wedge maybe? I don't wanna glue it or use tape obviously. Any thoughts on a free fix?

·
Registered
9,835 Posts
I got home tonight and found the passenger's side marker light casing completely out and hanging by the wire. It still blinks and all and I was able to slide it back into place. But I'm wondering what the DIY fix is...a wedge maybe? I don't wanna glue it or use tape obviously. Any thoughts on a free fix?
I found it took a lot of fiddling on one side of my car to get the fender turn signal popped back into place. I think it was the passenger side too! On the other side, I could clip it back into place with a definite click, but it took ten minutes in a cold and windy parking lot to get the other side to click into place properly. Every time I thought I had it, a tug showed it was loose. I kind of started reefing on it, but didn't break anything fortunatley.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I found the retaining tab that is under the hood (picture included) is broken. So that is why the side marker casing keeps slipping out. I have a piece of clear packing tape holding it in place from the outside now.

I need to find a more permanent fix though. The only thing I can think of is cutting a piece of duct tape with a little flap to stick underneath and on top. Any other creative ideas are most welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mine is playing up too. Left indicator works fine but right started flashing fast today. All bulbs inside and out illuminate and flash fast. Hazzard lights work normally. Went to use a trailer and when that was hooked up it all worked fine. Then when I continued sans trailer the RH indicater flashed fast again.
Going to check the bulb holders first....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts