SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yea they basicly bought the rights to the 03-14 9-3 which includes the ugly BLS exterior. It is pretty much the same for BAIC with the 98-09 9-5.

Also it will be an EV or hybrid

It is interesting to see that SAABs 10+ year old designs being bough by these companies entering the Auto industry. Shows how well designed they were. I have not heard of any other company getting offered money for an old design.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Interesting, I doubt the first version would be hybrid or electric. AFAIK the Turks in general have some decent manufacturing ability.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is interesting to see that SAABs 10+ year old designs being bough by these companies entering the Auto industry. Shows how well designed they were. I have not heard of any other company getting offered money for an old design.
Far from unique and has been happening for years.

Seat bought the rights to the Fiat Strada platform to make their Ibiza model, Daewoo the Vauxhall / Opel Astra for the Nexia. Just two examples of dozens where this has happened, more recently it has been the Chinese brands, but they just tend to copy rather than buy the platform.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts