SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm replacing the turbo on my 2001 9-3 coupe (2.0L), and it's been going mostly well (aside from me disconnecting the wrong [air conditioning] pipe and spraying freon in my face). I've almost got the old turbocharger removed and only one thing stands in my way - removing the coolant supply pipe from the water pump. This pipe runs from the water pump to the front of the turbocharger. I've got it undone from the turbocharger, but the available space on the side of the water pump is so small, that I cannot fit any wrench in there. What's strange is that even if I was able to undo the union, there is literally a half inch of space above it, so there is nowhere for the bolt to go once it's undone. Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Why are you taking that pipe off? One coolant line comes from the front of the engine block, and the other comes from the right side...nothing to do with the water pump. Or maybe it's different on my NG...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm taking it off so that I can get the turbo off. But Mister Bean was right...it was a pain, but I got the turbo out (and the new one in) without having to remove that pipe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts