SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I put my old TD04 HL T15 turbocharger for sale ( i had to scrap my car, engine failure ) and the potential buyer is willing to buy it but only when it comes comes with all the pipework. What exactly is a turbocharger pipework? I don't mind to include it too but i don't want to give too many parts away if not necessary or too little ( not all the pipes i assume ).

here is a pic

Please help.

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
you've got two of the 4 lines that connect to the turbo still attached. One coolant and one oil supply. They probably want the oil drain line and definitely want the other coolant line. The oil drain line is metal with an "accordion" looking section and is about 2-3 inches long. The other coolant line runs across the front of the block and is bolted into the head just above where the transmission meets the "back" of the block.

The coolant lines and bolts are what are important since they are different on the TD04 from the Garrett turbo. The oil lines are less important.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying so quick.

I took more photos

There are two bolts on the photo. 1, bolt is attached to the pipe, 2, bolt is attached to the turbo - so I assume i have 1 of 2 bolts needed? 3, bolt missing, again i am 1 bolt short?

Now the photo number 2.

Are those the pipes You were talking about? 2nd pipe does indeed looks like an accordeon, and it does fit where the arrow goes. I am not sure about the pipe nr 1. Looks similar to other two pipes already attached to the turbo, and if this is what i need then i belive it should go where the arrow goes. There are no bolts attached to the pipe, just the one on the turbo, so am i missing another bolt?

Is that all I will need to send ( including 2 missing bolts I am hoping to find ), or i need other pipes?

·
Registered
390 Posts
You have the four lines needed. The three non accordian ones have what are called "banjo bolts" (and two washers) on each end. These bolts, as well as the lines are different on TD04 vs GT17 turbos. See link for more info.

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
The only banjo bolts that are different are the ones on the turbo end. The ones that bolt to the block are the same on both cars. So your buyer only needs the ones on the turbo end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts