SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 SE and when my turbo gets up into the red, the car jerks. I was wondering if there is a wire i need to unplug or if it is something else? any ideas?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Before changing the ignition cartridge, try some dielectric grease inside the towers where they fit over the plugs. I had the same problem and a little grease cured it.

At high boost, it takes twice as much voltage for the plugs to fire. If the boots are not perfectly sealed against the plug, they can arc over which will prevent them from firing. The grease seals the boots.

John

·
Banned
1,047 Posts
I think he's talking about the fuel cut off. This hits at around 15+psi. Our cars should not go into the read unless they are tuned or have a MBC thats uping the boost.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
WaSaabiPSI said:
I think he's talking about the fuel cut off. This hits at around 15+psi. Our cars should not go into the read unless they are tuned or have a MBC thats uping the boost.
Yes. Overboost followed by fuel cut. If the car is basically stock, most likely the boost pressure control (BPC) valve is dirty or starting to fail. That causes the boost overshoot, and then the ecu cuts the fuel when the boost pressure exceeds maximum. Less likely but still possible, the turbo waste gate is sticking.

BPC Valve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts