SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just emailed Royfoss to get a quote on the Turbo-X trunk lid spoiler that I want to put on my Black 08 Aero XWD. This was what they quoted me.

" Hi, The price for the part is $828.50 and it takes about 3-4 days to order. The part also needs to be painted which is an additional $160.
and installation should be roughly $120. "

Is this insane or what?! For a damn spoiler?! Anybody have sources or links that can sell this part for cheaper, these guys are major gougers. :suprised;

reign

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
The front bumper or rear diffuser..?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
isnt that just an aero spoiler? if so they are royally trying to bend you over!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Its a unique spoiler. Assuming your talking about the tail piece and its unpainted, anything more than $3-400 is insane IMO.

Personally I only like it from a distance because its lip angle isn't quite perfect for the lines of the trunk. It tends to angle down just a bit. I guess it was an after thought.

While I love how subtle it is ... I wish it were just a bit longer, say another inch or 2

Barry

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
isnt that just an aero spoiler? if so they are royally trying to bend you over!
The Aero spoiler is smaller and is only meant for 07 models or earlier. It has a notch in the middle for the the emblem but in 08+ models the emblem is lower which the Turbo-X trunk lip spoiler only fits.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Hmmm, that would look nice on my Aero if painted Snow Silver metallic.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know many 08 owners that want this spoiler in Toronto but its impossible to find. Even online, I'm having a hard time finding a decent deal on this spoiler. I think it looks amazing and very subtle as xobrut mentioned.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Probably need to go through a dealer, yeah the price is nuts, so I'd have to see if they will dicount it, quite a bit. It would be worth about $600.00 to me installed, so not likely.

·
Registered
331 Posts
At that price you could get a hirsch one from the uk.
I have an black 09 and thinking about getting a carbon fiber one from the uk.

dave

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Cool. May work.

I don't like the one SAAB offers as an accessory, looks like something you'd see on a '94 Accord or Camry.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Can anyone get me a part # I can source it through a body shop my friend owns so we can get close to cost, but he cannot get the part #. Unless someone can give me a complete VIN of a Turbo X?

The spoiler he keeps finding is the generic old spoiler for pre-2007.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
The Aero spoiler is smaller and is only meant for 07 models or earlier. It has a notch in the middle for the the emblem but in 08+ models the emblem is lower which the Turbo-X trunk lip spoiler only fits.
Ok even if that is the case it's still a ripoff. I'm surprised they would make a special low volume part like that.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Reign ... get us a part number and we'll find it for less. That quote is BS ... hell the Hirsch one you can get at Elkparts in the UK delivered to the US or Canada for $430US ... and thats nicer than the TurboX spoiler.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Usually car companies make special edition part's high priced for those who can't provide a VIN so that the special edition car stays just that. With Scion their special edition parts were massively over priced unless the car was in for replacement parts and the body shop or dealership verified those part #'s and even then they still were massively expensive.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Reign ... get us a part number and we'll find it for less. That quote is BS ... hell the Hirsch one you can get at in the UK delivered to the US or Canada for $430US ... and thats nicer than the TurboX spoiler.
Sure, here's the part #12779200

If you guys can find this part for cheaper that would be a first! I haven't seen anybody sell this anywhere online.:lol:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Usually car companies make special edition part's high priced for those who can't provide a VIN so that the special edition car stays just that. With Scion their special edition parts were massively over priced unless the car was in for replacement parts and the body shop or dealership verified those part #'s and even then they still were massively expensive.
similar case when dealing with firebirds/trans ams and firehawks. you couldnt get firehawk parts till you had proof you needed the parts, and only if you had a firehawk. i knew a guy who was forced to go for an aftermarket hood cause the company who did firehawk would not allow him to have the hood.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts