SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Probably like my car .. a Faux-Bo-X ... right after the "exclusive and limited X" they released a flood of Aero XWD's with a "free but optional 280 horse engine".

I did the Stage 0 Vtune and Brian said Denso Iridium with a cooler gap. Check some of his posts and he tells what to set it at.

Our "almost X cars" don't have the 18" rims, eLSD and a few other goodies but they are essentially the same car with self leveling and stuff.

"Free but optional" .. ?? As one poster put it who in their right mind is going to opt for the 255 when the 280 horse is free? :confused::cheesy:

The big question is if they put the 280 into the Aero vert, though my understanding is it was XWD only. But in 2009 you could get a base 2.0 XWD so it was not limited to the Aero.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Mines a 09 Turbo X too. It's just when they wer first registered and sold. I did notice on the chassis plate it was made in 2008, must ve some of the very last limited 2000.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Probably like my car .. a Faux-Bo-X ... right after the "exclusive and limited X" they released a flood of Aero XWD's with a "free but optional 280 horse engine".

I did the Stage 0 Vtune and Brian said Denso Iridium with a cooler gap. Check some of his posts and he tells what to set it at.

Our "almost X cars" don't have the 18" rims, eLSD and a few other goodies but they are essentially the same car with self leveling and stuff.

"Free but optional" .. ?? As one poster put it who in their right mind is going to opt for the 255 when the 280 horse is free? :confused::cheesy:

The big question is if they put the 280 into the Aero vert, though my understanding is it was XWD only. But in 2009 you could get a base 2.0 XWD so it was not limited to the Aero.
If I remember correctly Tunan in mid '08 the Aero's started to become standard with the XWD. They did not have eLSD. All XWD have the 280 hp. engine thus the bump and the 2 engines for MY 08. Also around the same time the Bose stereo was upgraded to the Centerpointe 5.1.

They in MY 09 the Aero's all came with XWD and eLSD. So I guess you could say the 09's were the Faux Bo X and some did come with the 18" wheels.:lol:

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
My "build sheet" indicates it was 06/08 and the sales guy told me that after the TX, any Aero XWD was a "no charge option" so essentially they are probably all 280's.

But this is where it gets weird? My wife has an 09 XWD but it is a 2.0 and has "my Aero" wheels which the build sheet describes on mine as "unique", and with the "sport pack" she got the Aero suspension and self leveling along with the "garage door and compass mirror" ... but she got the base seats and the pax seat is manual.

Both our cars .. have the "unique" 17" wheels. About the only thing I miss is the eLSD. :cry: Wheels? The only wheels I truly want is a set of 18's in Panasport or Minilite and TX wheels are next to impossible to find! :x

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think Saab put these options in depending on their inventory levels.

Mine is an 07 Aero, built in 06. Has no Auto Dim mirror, Alarm or HID's, but has the bigger brakes and everything else Aero, incl the 2.8T obviously.

Yet my friend has the same car, same price, same year/build period and got all the fruit but smaller brakes.

My 04 Aero had everything. Alarm, HID's, Sunroof etc etc.

Just to note. The Alarm, Mirror, HID's weren't options in Australia, you either got a car with them or without them.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
By 06, I meant June of 2008. I think you are right about GM emptying the parts bin and it almost seemed whatever was closest to the tech got tacked on without rhyme or reason. Or, whatever they had on hand. :cheesy:

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Well not sure if you got your info but Vtuner recommends the Denso Irridium IKH 22 for the tuned cars which is one heat range colder. The oem equivalent would be the IKH 20 I believe.

I'm sure the stock NGK's are fine along with a Bosch plug.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Cosmic, holy cow, do you and Brian have some kind of Spock (Star Trek), mind meld.

That is almost comma for comma what he said. :cheesy:

And of course, what I went with.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Cosmic, holy cow, do you and Brian have some kind of Spock (Star Trek), mind meld.

That is almost comma for comma what he said. :cheesy:

And of course, what I went with.
LOL:lol: I just read a few of his posts this past week as I put in the Denso Irridium Power IKH 22 along with new Bosch coil packs, all from Rockauto.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Mines a 09 Turbo X too. It's just when they wer first registered and sold. I did notice on the chassis plate it was made in 2008, must ve some of the very last limited 2000.
My car's original owner (I'm 2nd) bought my car and drove it off the lot in July of 2009. But it was manufactured in 2008, and is badged as a 2008, and apparently sat on the Lot (or at the US Port of Entry) for a year.

Is that what you're saying is the situation with your Turbo X, or are you saying that Saab actually badged your car as a "2009" model year?

just curious :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
LOL:lol: I just read a few of his posts this past week as I put in the Denso Irridium Power IKH 22 along with new Bosch coil packs, all from Rockauto.
My Turbo X had Denso IKH22's with new coil packs because the P.O. had it tuned by Brian. And, it appears they were gapped slightly smaller than stock gap. But after only 25,000 miles I started getting misfires again.

In fairness to Brian, the misfiring only started after two very spirited 250-mile runs on consecutive weekends. From Issaquah to Leavenworth and back in just slightly over 3 hours, going up and over Blewett Pass and Snoqualmie twice (there and back) and reaching triple digit speed many many times (hey! I was just passing all the slower drivers!). So I think doing that kind of cooked the spark plugs.

Anyway, I replaced my plugs with these Pulstar be1i Iridiums
and I gapped them from the 1.15mm (0.045") gap they came at, down to about 0.85mm (0.033"). I have no more misfires, even at wide open throttle at 100mph+. On the other hand, I haven't put a lot of miles on the car yet, nor gone on any really long high-speed drives, so I can't endorse them 100% yet. But, I'm happy with them so far.

BTW, the gas mileage appears to have improved about 10% - 15% but I can't say that it was the new Plugs, because I made some other mods at the same time. Still, it is mighty coincidental. Maybe the Denso's were worn out?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
My car's original owner (I'm 2nd) bought my car and drove it off the lot in July of 2009. But it was manufactured in 2008, and is badged as a 2008, and apparently sat on the Lot (or at the US Port of Entry) for a year.

Is that what you're saying is the situation with your Turbo X, or are you saying that Saab actually badged your car as a "2009" model year?

just curious :)
It was first put on the road in June 2009.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts