SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
It's aliiiiive! Got the engine installed this weekend.

Look at this monster cooling assembly. Only weighs 50lbs. ?

Also got the front coils installed. Still need to adjust the height some more, but I'm waiting on the rear shock mounts to arrive so I can install the rears, and then get everything dialed in.

Had to trim the upper edge of the brake line brackets to fit under the bottom mount lip.

Making some serious progress, and now the largest issue is out of the way. Drove it around the block too! Definitely needs brakes and tires. Going to be getting the drive-ability issues out of the way next.

·
Super Moderator
9,376 Posts
So awesome that you're bringing her back to life! On that exhaust flex pipe, they tend to crack like that. I bought the Krona aftermarket pipe which improves on the original design, just something to think about. Here's my thread doing timing on my 9-4X (same engine):

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So awesome that you're bringing her back to life! On that exhaust flex pipe, they tend to crack like that. I bought the Krona aftermarket pipe which improves on the original design, just something to think about. Here's my thread doing timing on my 9-4X (same engine):

I love that you brought it up, because when I had it up in the air while it was running i found the flex on the midpipe is cracked. Matty and I talked about it and he's shipping me one tomorrow!

This one fell into my lap, too good of a price and had too much potential to end up in the junk yard. Also helps that I've always wanted a Tx for myself!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well, i'm on the hunt for an XWD trans. Took it for a drive and 4th is nonexistent, slips from 2-3rd and sometimes slams into reverse. Cycled the fluid twice with new OEM stuff, reset adaptations and it only got worse. :-(

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
New (to me) transmission is on the way! 15k miles too! Should be here at the end of the week. Guess I know what i'm doing this weekend ?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
New trans got dropped off on Thursday! Much quicker than i had expected.

It was so clean!

Got to work promptly starting saturday afternoon.

First drive, and the car shifts like butter. Thank you Goldwing! Gave it a quick wash to assess paint damage for future correction. Doesn't seem to have any clearcoat failure just a lot of love marks from improper washing.

Also took some time to get the carpets cleaned with a hot water extractor and what came out was naaaasty.

Carpet looks so much better now.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Started the next step to being road worthy tonight. The connectors on the RDCM were removed and taped up. And someone stuffed axle grease in the module side connectors. I'm guessing to prevent corrosion on the pins. Cleaned everything out and plugged it back in. Has communication and no immediate codes. I pulled the plug on the clutch fluid housing and nothing came out, so i'm guessing the center section seal is leaking and the clutch fluid has leaked into the diff. I'm going to fill it, take a drive and see what my pump values are. So hopefully I can get away with a reseal, new fluid and a filter and it will be all good!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Updates?? :sneaky:

Car is on hold for a bit.
Needs tires and the ones that are on it are unsafe to drive on. Needs the tune for the SAI delete, and of course the body panels that are damaged need to be replaced.
But I did fix the diff. Center seal was busted and leaked all the clutch fluid into the diff housing.

And replaced the inner axle boots.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Been busy lately!

Grabbed a new set of General GMax As-05's so i've been able to drive the car and it rides great on the Maptun coils!
I also took the front bumper apart to get some cleaning done, test for paint correction and install the factory lip.

Before

After

I used some Meguiars M110 and a microfiber cutting pad for the cutting pass and M220 and a Rupes yellow pad for the finishing pass. It came out very well. Now I just have to do the rest of the car..

But it's definitely coming together!

·
Registered
53 Posts
How many hours on the engine rebuild you figure? Not that I want anyone to do mine...

21 - 34 of 34 Posts