SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It looks like it may be time for the Vector and I to part ways. I'm considering something newer... Here's a link if anyone's interested:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233998

Anyways, I've never bought a car from a dealer so I'd love some advice.. Are these prices good? What should I try to get them down to? Any bargaining techniques?

I'm looking at these:

Turbo X: $19,995 - 47,600 Miles
http://www.crosswaysaab.com/used/Saab/2008-Saab-9-3+TURBO+X-a7b919610a0a006400052744e1286ff7.htm

Turbo X: $24,995 - 36,668 Miles w/Nav.
http://garyblakesaab.com/Vehicle_Details/desc/Used_Saab_9-3__/vehicleID/329741

Turbo X: $23,332 - 41,950 Miles
http://chambers.porschedealer.com/p...2008/Jet+Black+Metallic/black/803616/info.php

08 Aero XWD Fusion Blue: $20,500 - 31,800 Miles
http://www.crosswaysaab.com/used/Saab/2008-Saab-9-3-a7b918360a0a006400052744b963617a.htm

I'm more interested in a Turbo X. I'm also not sure if Saab is the best/smartest choice given it's current state. But, it looks promising that Saab will be bought and I know when they are the prices will shoot up... What do you all think?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
After reading the threads about the cost of the auto adjusting shocks I am staying away from the xwd cars. All of the cars seem pretty damn expensive. Especially the 08 aero.

Personally I spend a couple of months on auto trader, Craigslist, and cars.com. I have alerts on auto trader when new cars are listed.

Another good way to buy a car is find someone with a dealers license. Pay them a fee and they will buy a car for you. I have done this a few times and got amazing deals. You need to have financing lined up before doing this. I have bought cars, drove them for a year or more and sell them for a profit or break even. This is where dealers buy their cars from.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll have to look into the shocks.. Thanks for that. Funny you mention it. I picked up my current Saab while tagging along with a dealer at an auction. Got a hell of a deal!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would suggest thinking about your driving style. If you love the refined relaxed drive of your vector then I would go for the aero. But if you want to feel like you are ready to pounce at any time like a mountain leopard, then choose the turbo x ! The turbo x definitely demands your attention and I would suggest if you choose the X I would factor in some new tyres as the p zeros are a disaster for this car. :)

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would suggest thinking about your driving style. If you love the refined relaxed drive of your vector then I would go for the aero. But if you want to feel like you are ready to pounce at any time like a mountain leopard, then choose the turbo x ! The turbo x definitely demands your attention and I would suggest if you choose the X I would factor in some new tyres as the p zeros are a disaster for this car. :)
I think I'm definitely thinking Turbo X! Haha. The one with 37K for $24,995 looks mint. I like the Navigation option as well. I plan on test driving it soon... What do you think of these prices?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Do you really need the 2.8, or is the 2.0 okay? I just called my dealer friend today to see if any 2010 aeros are coming up to auction soon. There's one in Ohio I was going to make an offer on, but I will wait to hear what he says. I am thinking I could get a 2010 aero with low miles for $14,000 or less from him, rather than spend $18k-$19 from a dealer. He charges a $500 fee, but it's worth it for that price.

·
Registered
683 Posts
So what's the diff? The Aero XWD has the same driveline, and includes the upgrade to 280 HP and 295 lb-ft of torque. The TX has 18" wheels and some special cosmetics. What else? ELsD? Also standard on 2009 and later XWDs.

·
Registered
99 Posts
So what's the diff? The Aero XWD has the same driveline, and includes the upgrade to 280 HP and 295 lb-ft of torque. The TX has 18" wheels and some special cosmetics. What else? ELsD? Also standard on 2009 and later XWDs.
sure, it's pretty much the same car but a Turbo-X will always be a Turbo-X

·
Registered
581 Posts
The TX isn't limited in 1st and 2nd like the regular 2.8's.
Interior trim differences but as said by others the 09- Aero is very similar.
Being in the position of owning both cars I must admit the TX is more fun and does handle a bit better with its slightly lower suspension.
US prices are silly..a TX in the UK is sub $14,000 for average mileage cars...mine only cost me the equivalent of $12,000 with 70K miles and every extra and drives as well as the 09 Aero @25K miles.

The TX is a joy to own and drive and SPECIAL...wanted one as soon as they came out and never expected to own one before they were 6 or 7 yrs old...clocked up 7k mile sin it now and 12K in the Aero and not one regret.

Both are great cars so the right car with the right kit is the own to test drive.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you really need the 2.8, or is the 2.0 okay? I just called my dealer friend today to see if any 2010 aeros are coming up to auction soon. There's one in Ohio I was going to make an offer on, but I will wait to hear what he says. I am thinking I could get a 2010 aero with low miles for $14,000 or less from him, rather than spend $18k-$19 from a dealer. He charges a $500 fee, but it's worth it for that price.
Yea I haven't really had any luck finding a 2.0 I'm interested in. It's been a struggle to find all the options I'm looking for...

sure, it's pretty much the same car but a Turbo-X will always be a Turbo-X
I agree! Haha

Thanks for the reply guys...

Just got back from a test drive and I must say I'm pretty much sold. The Turbo X was awesome. They offered me next to nothing for my car so I'm looking to sell it privately now, hopefully. (Dropped the price down btw ;ol;). Only thing I didn't like is it didn't have NAV, but I think that's okay... It was pretty mint!

·
Registered
112 Posts
dont worry about the Nav, you and put a better after market one in

I did, I putt he Kenwood DNX7210BT in and its a great unit.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dont worry about the Nav, you and put a better after market one in

I did, I putt he Kenwood DNX7210BT in and its a great unit.
Yea that's what I was thinking. If I want it that bad I can always put an aftermarket one. It surely isn't worth the price difference...

·
Registered
112 Posts
the factory sat nav wont let you plug an ipod in and control it !
so thats a no go for me.

Plus I have a 7" touch screen now and it looks awesome !

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the factory sat nav wont let you plug an ipod in and control it !
so thats a no go for me.

Plus I have a 7" touch screen now and it looks awesome !
Really? That's lame. It definitely isn't worth it then! Looks like no navigation is the way to go

1 - 20 of 20 Posts