SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking for some information on replacing the struts for a 9-3 Turbo X, and from the research done I can see that unless I am not looking in the right places there is not much information about the rear struts for the Turbo X, except go with the original struts which are very expensive.

I did find one option but I am kind of hesitant about it since I cant find much information about this website and parts.

The company name is coiloverdepot.com and they have the set on the link below. The whole set is under $1000.00 which in general is much cheaper than replacing just the two struts in the back.

Any information or feedback would be appreciated.

No link allowed on my post, a google search with the company name will return the results.

Thank you

·
Registered
951 Posts
If you're going to spend a $1000 go with something reputable. I just installed the KW v1 coilovers on my TX this past weekend and the ride is great. You do need an extra spacer for the rear as the kit was designed for the Aero. Here's a pic of the fronts and pic of the rear set up w/spacer.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you fd3toe46. I actually had seen their site but could not find Saab as one of the brands they carry. Do you have the part numbers required for the turbo x? and will their system allow you to raise and lower the car and adjust the dampening?

Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much Ride5000. I am actually pretty interested on the set up that fd3toe46 mentioned. I went to a rep website and found what appears to be the Wk Part.

Can you please confirm is this is the actual set up you used on your car?

Thank you

well I still can't post links but its part:
2008 SAAB 9 3 KW Variant 1 Coilover Kits 10264001

·
Registered
951 Posts
Thank you very much Ride5000. I am actually pretty interested on the set up that fd3toe46 mentioned. I went to a rep website and found what appears to be the Wk Part.

Can you please confirm is this is the actual set up you used on your car?

Thank you

well I still can't post links but its part:
2008 SAAB 9 3 KW Variant 1 Coilover Kits 10264001
That is the kit but for a TX you'll also need these spacers. KW 65030047 . If you are serious about the KW kit I will sell you the spacers if you want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK sounds good, what kind of ride do you get with these coilovers? Is it comparable to the original car? This particular part has no valve adjustments but the next model does? Any specific recommendation?
Thank you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts