SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Saab people! Have recently upgraded from a Vector to a Turbo X and I am keen to see if I can work out the build number ( out of 2000 ) mine could be. Can this be deciphered by the VIN ? As I have one of the most isolated Turbo X sedans on the planet ( I think there may be one other Turbo X in my part of the country driving around ) The Dealer here is unsure how to find this out other than contacting the importer. Any info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I think only 2 or 3 came to WA. I was lucky enough to get one from a dealer a month ago. The Saab dealership know the car but don't know the build number unfortunately.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I would think the VIN's would be in sequence. You can figure out from the build date as well on your door jam. Having only 20-30 in Australia will narrow it down for you. I think they started production around 11-07 until February or March of the next year. That is when they converted the regular '08 Aero's to XWD, without ELSD, then in the '09 MY the Aero's got the exact same set up as the Turbo X but not the suspension or brakes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Turbo X was manufactured July 2008 so it must have maybe been one of the later of the 2000 built. I have used a VIN decoder but that will only give me a serial number and the build characteristics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts