SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '08 Turbo-X and I've been looking to upgrade the front stage with a 3-way active component set. My question is simple, has anyone been able to fit a 4" (100mm) speaker into the dash opening other than the center?

Will taking the entire dash off help me, if so any guides?

Also, I have the Bose 11 speaker system with the built-in dash navigation that has speaker-level outputs to the amplifier in the trunk. The past Saabs I've owned separate frequencies (x-over) on the headunit, is this the same for this year car or does the amplifier handle divvying out the correct frequencies to each speaker? My understanding is that the 2007-2009 are all the same general setups.

If the headunit is separating frequencies, has anyone had any luck with summing units like the cleansweep or AudioControl?

Also, why is there no tweeters in the 11-speaker bose system? :confused:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
No, correct section, but propably no-one has the answers.

I would very much oubt anyone has put 4" speakers in the dash designed for 3.5". It would take a fair bit of work to remove enough plastic from the dash speaker area to enlarge the holes enough for 4" speakers.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Nothing? Wrong section or something?
Not that difficult. The 4 inch is almost the same size as a 3.5. Put them face to face, the screw holes on the 3.5 and 2 of the holes on the 4 inch diagonal ones of course are just about the same. The magnets are the same size too. It's not gonna do much cause neithet one really puts out any bass, and it was a waste of time. My kappa 3.5's and my kenwood excelon 4 inchers were the same 105 watts peak. So no real gain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts