SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m ready to start modifying my 03’ 9-5 Aero. I’d like to upgrade the turbo and install an entire kit with a tune. I’ve been looking at a few different options but want to get some feedback from the community. I need a kit that is daily drivable. Just power, quality, and reliability. Shoot me some ideas and ways and required materials if possible.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I’m ready to start modifying my 03’ 9-5 Aero. I’d like to upgrade the turbo and install an entire kit with a tune. I’ve been looking at a few different options but want to get some feedback from the community. I need a kit that is daily drivable. Just power, quality, and reliability. Shoot me some ideas and ways and required materials if possible.
We help build kits what kind of power do you want to make?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there, I’m hoping for 50-75hp with a decent bump in torque as well. I don’t have any prior experience with the B235r or any Saab engine so I don’t really know what I can make reliably. I’m not trying to get into the 400hp territory or rebuild any internals. I’m curious as to how far I can get with a turbo, IC, ECU, and anything else I can bolt on before the engine needs more serious modifications.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hey there, I’m hoping for 50-75hp with a decent bump in torque as well. I don’t have any prior experience with the B235r or any Saab engine so I don’t really know what I can make reliably. I’m not trying to get into the 400hp territory or rebuild any internals. I’m curious as to how far I can get with a turbo, IC, ECU, and anything else I can bolt on before the engine needs more serious modifications.
The easiest way to get to those numbers are going to be run 268 by 9.6 camshafts which by themself will add 30 or more hp larger injectors and e85. 18t-21t and your good this will put you at 350whp no problem. At that point you would not want to go any larger or more power anyway cause you are maxing out the pistons. Heat is the number one thing that kills the b235r soft pistons.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The easiest way to get to those numbers are going to be run 268 by 9.6 camshafts which by themself will add 30 or more hp larger injectors and e85. 18t-21t and your good this will put you at 350whp no problem. At that point you would not want to go any larger or more power anyway cause you are maxing out the pistons. Heat is the number one thing that kills the b235r soft pistons.
Thanks for this. Camshafts makes sense along with the switch to E85. I appreciate you taking the time to provide this info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts