SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only had my new Viggen for about 1000 miles and I have had my first problem. I drove for about 200 miles straight earlier this morning on the highway, and when I got off at off ramp and stopped I could hear a slight ticking noise. No engine light went on, and the engine temp was not running any higher then it was the entire trip. After about 20 seconds the ticking went away but as I accelerated I noticed that the boost did not go up past half way on the gauge. In third gear I pressed the gas pedal completely down, and the boost gauge stayed in the yellow (typically shoots right into the red area of the boost gauge). After getting to my destination some 20 mins later I let the car sit for about 2 hours then went out to drive it again, and it drove fine. Does anyone have any ideas as to what was going on?

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm not sure what to make of your situation, but I also own a Viggen. I've never heard of the Viggen hitting red, stock. If that's the case, you might have a problem. I'm not sure it's supposed to. This could all be due to Trionic 7 and it's quirky nature of adjusting things transparently.

Where is the ticking coming from..can it be heard at idle under the hood?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
As much as this may not be settling, if things seem to go back to the way they were, I wouldn't worry too much. From what I have heard, t7 just does this sort of thing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i to have a viggen and every sunday night i meet up with a few lads i know and we all go out and abuse our cars :eek: lol
well we drive them very hard anyway, if i really thrash the viggen for a prolonged period of time, almost like a track day then i too get the ticking noise, it is the tappets, if i let the car cool down then carry on the tappets quiten themselves. i think it's when the oil gets hot thats when they tap.
has anyone got a oil temp gauge fitted to a viggen??

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
i think im the king of viggen boost problems. ive gone through three bpcs since january. and its currently only hitting 9.5 psi

its somewhat normal to have lowered boost after extended hard driving, try some of the cooling mods in the perf forum i think it was, that should help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts