SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17,958 Posts
1) TB Port - I'll try to get a photo of it. 2) where does the other end of the tube you found go? Also, can you get us a photo of the throttle body and lines in the area (engine cover off)? 3) Sweet is usually anti-freeze... as is white smoke. But, you say you don't see any coolant loss at all? Are you checking with the engine dead cold? That's the best measure.

If you can get that photo... I'd like to see what PCV version you are running. Perhaps you can fix several issues with the update if it's needed.

·
Registered
2002 Saab 9-3 SE convertible 2.0 Engine
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
1) TB Port - I'll try to get a photo of it. 2) where does the other end of the tube you found go? Also, can you get us a photo of the throttle body and lines in the area (engine cover off)? 3) Sweet is usually anti-freeze... as is white smoke. But, you say you don't see any coolant loss at all? Are you checking with the engine dead cold? That's the best measure.

If you can get that photo... I'd like to see what PCV version you are running. Perhaps you can fix several issues with the update if it's needed.
I have absolutely no coolant loss, the hose that I found was not attached anywhere, I have posted pictures earlier in this thread I will get some new ones put up today, the PVC is not the update, I have ordered the update PVC and I was supposed to receive it on Monday but FedEx has lost my package so I am about to order a new one and request a refund from the original shipper. But I am checking the coolant when the car is cold and it's not going down at all. I think the hose I found goes somewhere on the rear engine block however I have not been able to locate where it goes, even with the diagram for the hoses. Pics will be posted soon. Thank you so much for your help

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have absolutely no coolant loss, the hose that I found was not attached anywhere, I have posted pictures earlier in this thread I will get some new ones put up today, the PVC is not the update, I have ordered the update PVC and I was supposed to receive it on Monday but FedEx has lost my package so I am about to order a new one and request a refund from the original shipper. But I am checking the coolant when the car is cold and it's not going down at all. I think the hose I found goes somewhere on the rear engine block however I have not been able to locate where it goes, even with the diagram for the hoses. Pics will be posted soon. Thank you so much for your help
I put the pcv valve hose to the throttle body and I changed the brake booster hose and the car is driving a lot worse now. I will put my old brake booster back on and see how it goes, I might have to take the pcv back out of the throttle body

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So I changed my brake booster hose and the brakes were hard and I couldn't come to a stop. I took the new one out, put the old one in after I fixed where it was broken. and I no longer have smoke coming from the exhaust, once the valve on the brake booster hose is removed (it was broken) that's the only time it smokes and smells sweet. However after connecting the PVC hose to the throttle body, I am still having a problem accelerating and the turbo will redline if I accelerate normal and check engine light flashes and gives me a code P1300 torque limit low

Attachments

21 - 24 of 24 Posts