SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Saab 9-3 SE convertible 2.0 Engine
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I was driving my 2002 Saab 9-3 2.0 convertible, I accelerated fast and heard a loud popping noise, it sounded like it came from under the car. However after that I got a code P1300 (Torque limitation low). While accelerating my turbo gauge went up to the redline and check engine light started flashing, later I discovered a hose that was sitting on the rear of the engine below the fuel rail (above the PVC oil trap canister) near the firewall. I have checked everywhere to see where the hose goes and I cant find where it came off of. If i accelerate slowly it drives okay not the best but okay. However my turbo gauge never used to move unless I had it in sports mode. Now it moves all the time. I dont wanna do any further damage to the car. Has anyone had a similar problem or does someone have a diagram as to where all the air hoses go? Maybe it will help me find where it came out of, the hoses on the top of the engine are all there and visibly connected. I just need to know where that one hose goes. Do I have to take apart my turbo and see if it was connected there? Please any help will be greatly appreciated as I just got the car and I have been putting in a lot of work to it. Thank you very much in advanced.

·
Registered
2006 Saab 9-3T
34 Posts
Have you checked hose to charge air bypass valve it’s under the plastic cover next to the throttle body looks identical to boost control sensor. Which looks like this

·
Registered
2006 Saab 9-3T
34 Posts
Here’s a better photo I found. One hose wraps around to the back of the motor along left side in picture. Rubber hose to metal then back to rubber to turbo I believe.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here’s a better photo I found. One hose wraps around to the back of the motor along left side in picture. Rubber hose to metal then back to rubber to turbo I believe. View attachment 274949
My car looks a little different than that. I will go take pictures of what it looks like now

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what it looks like under the hood.
If you are talking about this, it is on the firewall near the driver side and this is what it looks like and they are all connected one goes to the throttle body and the other one goes to the turbo bypass and the Last one is going to a sensor for the fuel rail

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also as far as the PVC system, I have a small hose coming out of the PVC pipe and it connects to a one way valve and then it goes under the fuel rail but it is not connected to anything. Is that supposed to be like that? I took a picture where it came out of and I pulled up from the fuel rail and took a picture of the hose that sits underneath the fuel rail. This is a 2002 saab 9-3 SE convertible 2.0 engine with turbo thank you for your reply and your assistance in helping me

Sam

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Either way, this is not a C900. You may get more answers in the appropriate section of the forum.
How do I move it over to the right discussion and what one do I put it in? sorry new to this

·
Registered
17,958 Posts
Is the hose that is disconnected the one that is coming off the small nipple on the cam / valve cover? If so, it goes to a white check valve, then from the valve to a port on the front of the throttle body. I can try to get you a photo of where it attaches.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is the hose that is disconnected the one that is coming off the small nipple on the cam / valve cover? If so, it goes to a white check valve, then from the valve to a port on the front of the throttle body. I can try to get you a photo of where it attaches.
There is a line connecting to the PCV valve and going to the white check valve and then it goes down the fuel rail and it's not connected to anything after that, is that how it's supposed to be?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Then you have an open vacuum port on the throttle body, it's in a hard place to see but there will be 2 ports basically stacked in the hardest place to reach, I use loooong needle nose pliers to put it on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Then you have an open vacuum port on the throttle body, it's in a hard place to see but there will be 2 ports basically stacked in the hardest place to reach, I use loooong needle nose pliers to put it on.
Can you send me a picture of where it would be? I have looked everywhere. Also where does the hose from the PVC valve go? I found a hose sitting on the engine block near the fire wall and I can't find where that goes either

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can you send me a picture of where it would be? I have looked everywhere. Also where does the hose from the PVC valve go? I found a hose sitting on the engine block near the fire wall and I can't find where that goes either
Thank you very much for your help

·
Registered
2000 93 SE Vert Auto : 2001 93 SE Vert Manual
73 Posts
I tried to find an online image and found this post on another forum. Note that the light blue hose in the left is the hose that connects to the PCV valve that connects to the valve cover.
Vacuum Line Diagram

The throttle body gets two hoses, one to the PCV valve and one to the firewall area. The one that goes to the PCV valve is under the two coolant hoses that attach to the throttle body - you have to really look for it.

There are 5 hoses on my cars. One goes to the fuel pressure regulator and that hose is only an inch or two long. It attaches to a device that has two vacuum lines and it goes to the bottom of those two connections.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I tried to find an online image and found this post on another forum. Note that the light blue hose in the left is the hose that connects to the PCV valve that connects to the valve cover.
Vacuum Line Diagram

The throttle body gets two hoses, one to the PCV valve and one to the firewall area. The one that goes to the PCV valve is under the two coolant hoses that attach to the throttle body - you have to really look for it.

There are 5 hoses on my cars. One goes to the fuel pressure regulator and that hose is only an inch or two long. It attaches to a device that has two vacuum lines and it goes to the bottom of those two connections.
Thank you so much, my hose from the pcv valve is connected to the throttle body and the small hose (second one from PVC) is going to the check valve and then it just hangs there under the fuel rail. I posted pictures of it above. But I will try to connect the smaller hose from the check valve to the throttle body if I can find the nipple on it. However it does not show that it was ever connected anywhere. Its weird I'm not sure who worked on this car before I bought it but they did a horrible job. I've been slowly fixing everything I can little by little. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What multisaab said... but I'd add "bent long nose pliers". It's hard to get down there.
Do you have a actually photo of it? Also is there a tube that connects to the cylinder block in the rear of the engine? That's where I found a tube just sitting there. And I have another question, my brake line booster has a break in the check valve, whenever it's disconnected, it brings out white smoke from the exhaust, I ordered a new one, however if I tape it in place for the time being it won't smoke but once it comes lose again white smoke comes out and it smells kinda sweet. But I'm not losing antifreeze nor am I finding antifreeze in the engine oil. Do you know what's causing it?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts