SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering where the best place to go for turbo rebuilt kits. I have a 99 9-3 2.0 turbo . I just did the headgasket on it so i don't think it 's the headgasket but i'm getting some blue smoke out the back very small amounts occasionally here and there. So any help on turbo rebuilts kits would be great. I found a seller on ebay, but not sure if i can trust them.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I was wondering where the best place to go for turbo rebuilt kits. I have a 99 9-3 2.0 turbo . I just did the headgasket on it so i don't think it 's the headgasket but i'm getting some blue smoke out the back very small amounts occasionally here and there. So any help on turbo rebuilts kits would be great. I found a seller on ebay, but not sure if i can trust them.
Give Dave at XSboost (330-830-4075) a call. he can rebuild it for you or sell you the kits parts. I had him build me a GT17 / T25 hybrid a few years ago. it was a beast.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Frank, am I missing something on the XSboost web site? There is really only one page, and all of the other links point to a page with the address and phone number.

http://www.xsboostturbochargers.com/index.html

I go up that way a couple times a month, so I was just checking. It looks like their main businees may be eBay... Ron
He lists his turbos on Ebay and uses them as a store front. When my GT17 went out I called him to see about a rebuild kit. We talked for about an hour and he ended up building me a hybrid T25 with a Saab 9000 T25 bearing housing. Here's my original post. Other's have used him since with great success.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121029&highlight=xsboost

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea my turbo just went it started blue smoke then went to white in a matter of 2 or 3 days how long u been driving it?
I just put it on the road today bought the car cause it needed a head gasket. Head had some sludge, droped the pan cleaned everything. The guy i bought it from drove it with the head gasket going bad for awhile cause the hoses were swelled real bad. I'll just do a rebuild kit on the turbo replace some seals on it. Hopefully it won't go in a couple of days. I have some turbos in the shop if i need to replace right away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea my turbo just went it started blue smoke then went to white in a matter of 2 or 3 days how long u been driving it?
I just got it on the road yesterday, but the past couple of days i've been turning it on and letting it run 2 make sure everything was ok. I'm gonna go with the rebuilt kit from xsboost and see what happens. I'll keep an update on the turbo rebuilt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts