SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 9-3 Aero, 2008 9-3 Aero, 2009 2.0T XWD
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my luck would have it, I grabbed a low milage turbo from a yard and a local junker came by the house and took it :(.

I found a bit of oil residue by my current turbo (around the impeller)

Any one here have a source for a kit? I'm tackling my next big high milage maintenance job in a week.

·
Registered
26 Posts
EBay has them. Find out what size it is (i.e.14T, etc) and then search it on there. Should find them around $30-$60.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I would inspect your PCV system before assuming the turbo is bad. I had a bad PCV valve and a missing check valve (previous owner "repair"). Both issues were pressurizing the crank and forcing the oil vapor through the high pressure PCV line which dumps right before the turbo inlet.

I was using a ton of oil, the turbo inlet was soaked, and the intercooler was coated. With a few hundred miles after fixing those issues I'm running pretty clean. This is all on a B207L, I would assume the R to be similar.

·
Registered
385 Posts
+1 for what Todd and Pace said.

I personally would avoid eBay if you don't know exactly what to look for. Pretty much all the kits originate from China and quality is all over the place. While price is a little higher at Gpopshop I would suggest them to anyone who isn't experienced in rebuilding cartridges. Their knowledge and consistent quality is worth the cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts