SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the torque spec for the turbo oil delivery pipe? I just finished replacing my water pump and the WIS, for some odd reason, instructs you to undo the banjo bolt for the turbo oil delivery pipe, step 14. Anyway, I'm putting the parts back on the car and the WIS instructed the bolt be torqued to 11 ft lbs. I found that hard to believe when the turbo coolant pipe was 15 ft lbs so I tried cross reference it with the online WIS someone recently posted and that instructs 21 ft lbs, step 10.

What is the correct torque specs for the turbo oil delivery pipe where it bolts to the turbo? Please and thank you.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just so we're speaking the same language: where the turbo oil pipe feed line bolts to the top of the turbo, that banjo bolt's torque spec is 11 ft lbs and where the other banjo bolt bolts to the block, that banjo bolt is 20 ft lbs?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Just so we're speaking the same language: where the turbo oil pipe feed line bolts to the top of the turbo, that banjo bolt's torque spec is 11 ft lbs and where the other banjo bolt bolts to the block, that banjo bolt is 20 ft lbs?

Thank you.

No inlet pipe block and turbo 20ft/lb
outlet pipe turbo and block 11ft/lb

Makes sense as there is a big pressure drop across the valve in the turbo

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! Thank you very much. That's crazy that the WIS I'm using says 11 ft lbs, step 17 in the coolant pump fitting instructions. So glad I asked!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One more question for you - same kind of discrepancy. In the downloaded WIS, the instructions say to fit the catalytic converter to the turbo and torque the top three nuts to 7 ft lbs (step 16). However, when I cross reference that with the online WIS, it's showing 18 ft lbs (step 19). So which is it? 7 ft lbs or 18 ft lbs? My guess would be 18 ft lbs because those nuts were hard to undo.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome. Thank you again! 18.5 ft lbs is what the lower bolts and nuts are for attaching the cat to the bracket so I'd believe 18 ft lbs is what the top three nuts are for attaching the cat to the turbo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts