SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have a 2007 150 bhp diesel saab convertible 106 000km, a couple of weeks ago I started loosing power on the motorway, till eventually limp home mode kicked in. My Mecanic came over and took the car away and cleaned the EFG valve. The car then ran for about ten days with no problems. Then coming back from the weekend, it decided to go into limp home mode again, this time the engine light came on. I had to do about an hour like this, and by the time I got home, I was being followed by a huge cloud of smoke and the engine had a LOUD whining/whistling noise. The Mecanic picked up the car again and it has an error code P2279, I've trawled this forum and haven't found it yet! He has changed a pipe on the turbo circuit, and tested to check that the circuit is airtight, which it is. He is sure it is an air intake problem, but can't find it. He has explained that the engin is not telling the turbo to kick in when it should, and so is not running fast enough, he has ordered a new sensor which he hopes will fix the problem. Mecanic was head Mecanic at BMW for 7 years and also had his own shop. He is now the representative for the AA breakdown cover where I live, 'not alcoholics anonymous!'. Can anyone help, getting worried I'm about to get a huge bill!

·
Super Moderator
8,919 Posts
Welcome to SC..air intake system leak,might be worth cleaning the MAP sensor also,as they get gunged up on the diesel..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apologies for delayed reply.
Well my mecanic managed to get hold of a saab with the same engin, he has checked all options, borrowing from the saab without a problem one bit at a time. Still have a problem. �� P2279 Intake Air System Leak
He has checked the usual culprits, egr, cracked piping, map etc.
He has noticed that the exhaust fumes are way too hot, you can not hold your hand there or you will burn yourself. He thinks it could be the reason, and will check the catalytic converter. I saw on another post a common cause may be the FAP, honestly I thought this was the same thing,,, sorry I'm not a mecanic.
Any ideas would be appreciated, I haven't had my car for over two and a half weeks and it is really depressing��

1 - 3 of 3 Posts