SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any one tell me how to put a turbo on my 90 900s 16v? What do I need to do to the computer, head and fuel injectors? What do I take off the donor car? Please help me! Im getting tired of this car being so slow. Im thinking about selling it and buying something with a V-8.

·
Registered
310 Posts
the easiest way to a faster car is to sell you N/A and buy a turbo...

if you want to turbo your NA, a good write-up is available here

·
Registered
906 Posts
jv_72_jv said:
can any one tell me how to put a turbo on my 90 900s 16v? What do I need to do to the computer, head and fuel injectors? What do I take off the donor car? Please help me! Im getting tired of this car being so slow. Im thinking about selling it and buying something with a V-8.
A properly tuned 16v should not be so slow that you feel it's so bad you have to sell it...if you feel the need to chirp tires through all the gears, then a 900 is probably not for you anyway.

If you do a search on previous posts, you'll see the concensus on converting an NA to a turbo is going to be "don't do it". Buy a turbo instead.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Go for it i've done mine its awesome. If you have a full donor car you could also swap the cams to lower the compression so you wont get any knock. also run an APC if your worried.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
or I was thinking about getting a complete turbo motor form pick'n'pull and rebuilding it. Will it be easier to do that or to just convert the N/A motor to turbo?

·
Registered
326 Posts
jv_72_jv said:
or I was thinking about getting a complete turbo motor form pick'n'pull and rebuilding it. Will it be easier to do that or to just convert the N/A motor to turbo?
If you read that website it tells you what you all have to do. i think its pretty easy just to convert to turbo motor and add on.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can I run stock boost (11 psi) on the 10:1 compression? Can I get 175hp like the turbo motor has? If not Ill just swap the pistons and intake cam from a turbo motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts