SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw that my car is using some oil but dont see any blue smoke..

I found some oil fallowing my DP.. and where is the turbo i can see some oil where its connect...

Guess its leaking... does the turbo is necessarly broken?? maybe a gasket or a ring??

Would like to have some tips... will take picture asap but will be hard to see..

Thx!!!

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Could be a bad gasket...

No smoke out the muffler?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no blue smoke at start... when i drive i cant see any smoke behing me exept normal smoke... when im pushing the car i can notice some blackish smoke but its kind of normal i guess (maybe a bit rich..)... im tuned with MP ..

The car dont look to burn oil (blu smoke) but i can notice that my car need oil between oil change , like a quart around 3-4 time during this period... thats more then normal..

·
Registered
499 Posts
The first Saab 900 turbos were oil lubricated. What are they now?

Are they lubricated with oil and cooled with water? So does the oil have the possibility of being cooked?

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Then your turbo is fine, prob a small leak or a bad gasket.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hope so!! now I go back home after the job... start the car... said transmission failure, lower performance, contact dealer (my sid is in french so its mean something like this..)

happen like 6-10 month ago few time.. just restart the car and didnt happen again ..

WTF happen with my car... its starting to piss me off.. i have the feeling that everything fail...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
has promise.. picture... its on the button of the turbo..

you can see the oil..

Need help!!!!! :'(

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
my son has the same problem and all point to be a rocket gasket leak. the leak or sweat oil comes from the top engine.

clean the area and check the origin of the leakeage,,,,,, oil cap seal...... I don' t think is a turbo leak.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes my oil cap is leaking... i will change it soon, just waiting to see the price for a new one compare to the GS oil cap that look awsome!!

but its sure theres an other place that leaking.. theres not enaugh oil that could leak from the oil cap...

Will try to find the source..

And hope it coul be a DIY... because if its where the turbo is.. wow.. no place to work there..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts