SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The turbo on my 2000 Aero seems to work only when it wants to. It's intermittant and kicks in late on acceleration and then only for a few seconds. Sometimes its totally there and sometimes its not. Can't visibly see anything wrong. The linkage is intact and there are no visible vacuum leaks from any of the APC hoses. I did the bolt mod 2 years ago and its been working fine until this month. Ideas anyone?

·
Registered
164 Posts
The turbo on my 2000 Aero seems to work only when it wants to. It's intermittant and kicks in late on acceleration and then only for a few seconds. Sometimes its totally there and sometimes its not. Can't visibly see anything wrong. The linkage is intact and there are no visible vacuum leaks from any of the APC hoses. I did the bolt mod 2 years ago and its been working fine until this month. Ideas anyone?
Bad diverter valve? I'll let someone with more experience chime in.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One more thing I noticed. When the turbo finally kickes in, there's a metalic "clank" or "click" almost like something was stuck. I can move the wastegate linkage smoothly with good spring pressure so that seems to check out.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
You may want to pull off the cobra intake pipe and check the turbo for any damage or shaft play. Your turbo may very well be damaged or the compressor wheel is hitting the sides causing slow spool up if even that. I would also check the exhaust side
One more thing I noticed. When the turbo finally kickes in, there's a metalic "clank" or "click" almost like something was stuck. I can move the wastegate linkage smoothly with good spring pressure so that seems to check out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts