SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 9-5 2.3 lpt 5sp. with 109,000 miles. It has the Saab tune-up kit installed by Saab, and it runs great! Yesterday, when I was leaving work, I fired it up and it smoked pretty good for a minute (never smoked before) and when I started driving it had no power of any kind. I have had no warning of any kind,no engine lights on dash, nothing. I have not been driving the vehicle hard to damage anything, trying to take it easy on the gas mileage on my 30 mile each way to work @ $3.19 a gallon! Any explainations,guesses, or suggestions? Or more importantly, anyone know where I can get a TDO4 turbo? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Is it still smoking? Overfilling the sump is a possibility. If the oil was recently changed then carefully check the level. If it is overfull then the engine may idle poorly, deliver less than full power and smoke.

These engines can also pump oil up into the head if they are idled for a lengthy period. This is a one time phenomenon, uncommon and dissipates during the first run after the extended idling.

Finally, the non return valve in the PCV system can fail which is cheap to fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts