SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

When I 'gun' the car I notice that my indicaor does not go past the 1st series in the Turbo reading. Even when I am at a stand still and floor it shifting in to 2nd at read line the Turbo indicator moves, but only to the end of the 1st reading. The car still seems quick but is this something to be concerned about?

Thanks!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't know, my boost gauge goes into the red part easily and I'm not talking barely, it goes into the middle to high red and stays there if I keep accelerating. So I try to do this as little as possible. I know that the previous owner put a manual valve on it, but I havn't messed with it.

If you're really concerned, get a true boost gauge (the kind with numbers in PSI and what not) and run it into your cabin easily like through your window, and watch it for a while.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Your valve is why you are getting so far into the red, jared.
A stock Saab should just barely break into the red part.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm aware, but my advice stands. He could have a leak, and the bypass might be sticking. I had to reread it, cause I read one earlier where it was stuck half way through the yellow and didn't move much.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gauge Not Reaching Limit

I see. Would installing an MBC fix my issue or do you(s) think I have a problem with the turbo itself. Like I mentioned I do not 'notice' a difference in her performance but the descrease may have been gradual to this point.

I was thinking about installing a MBC either way as I need to teach some of these speedy Honda Civic owners a lesson or two in manners...:cool:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Maybe, go and do it, there is a thread around here somewhere about how to clean out your bypass valve. That should probably be done for good measure too. Always look for messed up hoses. Can you hear your turbo spin up, and go whoosh when you put in the clutch?

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
May I be so bold as to suggest not paying to much attention to the boost guage, it is set via the tech II device and may just be poorly callibrated; ideally to see what you're boosting you need to fit an accurate guage with real numbers on it rather that a vague colour code that can be electronically adjusted.

·
Registered
182 Posts
ragtopcav said:
May I be so bold as to suggest not paying to much attention to the boost guage, it is set via the tech II device and may just be poorly callibrated; ideally to see what you're boosting you need to fit an accurate guage with real numbers on it rather that a vague colour code that can be electronically adjusted.
Thats what I suggested. But I'd still look for leaky tubes and valves first. It shouldn't take you more than 30min or so to clean out your bypass valve.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
kaltorak said:
I see. Would installing an MBC fix my issue or do you(s) think I have a problem with the turbo itself. Like I mentioned I do not 'notice' a difference in her performance but the descrease may have been gradual to this point.

I was thinking about installing a MBC either way as I need to teach some of these speedy Honda Civic owners a lesson or two in manners...:cool:
so your car has a problem, and you want to make it worse by putting an mbc on??? right!

y not fix your car first, then order an mbc+a instead of just doing "this" to cover up "that", u will end up with more problems that way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts