SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, back again...

After taking my car (2005 9-3 sedan 1.8t automatic) for a nice drive over the long-weekend I noticed the engine check light came on close to arriving at home.
I also noticed the turbocharger has little to no compression and doesn't sound like it is working comfortably or working at all.
Unfortunately don't have access to a diagnostics tool for quite some time & my local mechanic is undergoing renovations & wont be back in business for a while, did remember him saying last time the engine check light came on it may have had something to do with the turbo feed line & was just confirming whether or not that is an issue which prompts the engine check light to trigger.
Also was curious if this may have anything to do with my previous post about my transmission being tempremental (unable to post link due to low post count but is titled "need opinion on transmission problems!")

If so any suggestions to checking & will I need a car hoist to access the problem.

Cheers!

·
Registered
619 Posts
"Could" is a pretty vague and useless word in this case. So is "turbo feed".

I have had codes related to various turbo hoses, and one of them did cause transmission issues. Actually had like 5 different codes. That means nothing to your problem.

First, need to find out what he meant by turbo feed.
Second, need to find out what exact codes you have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts