SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
hi,
i was looking at a few turbochargers on ebay from china, and was wondering are they legit and would it do the job.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turbo-turbocharger-GT17-GT1752S-452204-5955703-9172123-SAAB-9-3-9-5-B205E-B235E-/300596791195?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fcf7079b#ht_3040wt_1127

i own a 1998, 9-5, 2.3L
depending on who the vendor is I wouldnt be too worried as it seems they have been getting better at QC. When my turbo went I researched different vendors and issues they have had, a lot of them seemed to have sold bad turbos in the past that never lasted, but then there were many who had great reviews and stories of the turbos lasting a really long time.

I purchased mine from a different vendor than what You have posted and had nothing but great things to say about the company. Any issue I had or questions they were right there to answer and help me out. Since I opted to go for the td04-19T instead of the same stock small turbo, it proved to be a cheaper and much better option in the long run. At the price I paid I would be happy if it lasted just a year, even more happy if iot lasted well over a year.

I say do some searching for the proper vendor, check their feedback rating and also search online for quality of their turbos to help determine the longetivity of them

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I don't mean to turn this thread political, and I see the OP is from the land down under...

But for those of you in the states, I would really recommend looking stateside for your replacement turbos or for having yours rebuilt. Unless you are content with sending your hard earned USD to China... in which case don't wonder where all of our jobs are going and why our economy is in the crapper!

-steps off soap box-

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
Buy less in China, buy the $29.00Us repair kit. I buy auto parts from China, HK, Malaysia and all over Pacific RIM and Europe because I can. Tax free!
Let the politicians figure out how to lower employment.

·
Super Moderator EMERITUS
8,802 Posts
Down here China is an important trading partner. They are our neighbours and part of our economic community, the Asia-Pacific economic cooperation or APEC. Oh and by the way, you're on the list USA ;)

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
I don't mean to turn this thread political, and I see the OP is from the land down under...

But for those of you in the states, I would really recommend looking stateside for your replacement turbos or for having yours rebuilt. Unless you are content with sending your hard earned USD to China... in which case don't wonder where all of our jobs are going and why our economy is in the crapper!

-steps off soap box-
So if we don't buy from China then who is going to loan our country money to keep functioning?:cheesy:

·
Registered
674 Posts
The US economy is something like $14 trillion a year. The US trade with China is only like $700 billion a year.

Not a large percentage. If we stop buying anything they make they will stop trading with the US. Hurting the US economy in many unseen ways.

Just an example, GM sold like 11 million cars last year. 30-40% of that was China.

·
Registered
154 Posts

-steps off soap box-
+1;ol;

·
Super Moderator EMERITUS
8,802 Posts
To be honest, 'Made in USA' is by far no longer the gold standard for quality. Half the iconic U.S products like Chuck Taylors for instance, are now made in China anyways. Bought some Sorel boots recently and was kinda surprised to see made in China on the label, but the quality is excellent. How many Canadian jobs did that cost? If you move your manufacturing offshore, what are you gonna do?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts