SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a tuning chip for my Saab but cant seem to find anything under £270. I have had the £40 ones on my audis in the past and was quite impressed with them. Does anyone know where there are cheaper ones available or any other mods to give it a bit more oomph as its not very good at overtaking and can get a bit frustrating.
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
chrisroffey said:
I have been looking for a tuning chip for my Saab but cant seem to find anything under £270. I have had the £40 ones on my audis in the past and was quite impressed with them. Does anyone know where there are cheaper ones available or any other mods to give it a bit more oomph as its not very good at overtaking and can get a bit frustrating.
Thanks
Chris
Im not joking here....... Nitrous oxide kit. perfect for the stronger diesel engines and you get a choice from a modest 50bhp increase up to a massive 500bhp increase(however I think the latter may melt something). the kit only activates when the accellerator is fully depressed. if you have an auto, then there is no clutch to worry about and it IS legal to use on the road as long as you are fully insured and some insurance companies dont charge that much more for a professionally installed sensible kit.

There was an episode of 5th gear on chanel 4 which demonstarted this using a golf TDi.

·
Registered
381 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts