SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if any tuners off the ability to change maps instantly, for instance, while driving?

I happen to have a Nissan tuned via UpRev and this capability is offered. Through a combination of using cruise control keys I can switch between up to 5 maps on the fly (91 octane, 93 octane, security mode, stock, etc). Feels like you're putting a cheat code into the car every time.

So do any tuners, custom or otherwise offer this capability?

Not a huge deal, but it is nice to have. (Rather than say changing an ECU or having to plug a hand held in each time.)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Wondering if any tuners off the ability to change maps instantly, for instance, while driving?

I happen to have a Nissan tuned via UpRev and this capability is offered. Through a combination of using cruise control keys I can switch between up to 5 maps on the fly (91 octane, 93 octane, security mode, stock, etc). Feels like you're putting a cheat code into the car every time.

So do any tuners, custom or otherwise offer this capability?

Not a huge deal, but it is nice to have. (Rather than say changing an ECU or having to plug a hand held in each time.)
Closest I've seen are the handhelds that some tuners offer for our cars. You can switch between different tunes but not on the fly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts