SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a different fuel map applied when the air conditioner is on? The reason I ask is because since the turbo was replaced, I can't turn the AC on because 1. it doesn't blow cold even though it's charged unless I'm on the highway, 2. it takes an abnormally long time for the RPMs to come back down if I let off the gas, and 3. it will make my car begin to overheat. When the turbo was replaced, a .50 trim was put on it and the charging tube was custom made (3"). I'm thinking it's running like that because the charging tube is bigger, but I'm not sure. I had someone do it that "knew what they were doing" :roll: The car does need to be tuned when I'm done with it, but I can't find anyone in my area who will even look at it. I don't feel comfortable tuning it myself because honestly, I don't know what I'm doing. :lol: So with that said, what are your suggestions with tuning? I live near Virginia Beach if that helps (i.e. you know someone who would be willing to look at it).

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Is there a different fuel map applied when the air conditioner is on? The reason I ask is because since the turbo was replaced, I can't turn the AC on because 1. it doesn't blow cold even though it's charged unless I'm on the highway, 2. it takes an abnormally long time for the RPMs to come back down if I let off the gas, and 3. it will make my car begin to overheat. When the turbo was replaced, a .50 trim was put on it and the charging tube was custom made (3"). I'm thinking it's running like that because the charging tube is bigger, but I'm not sure. I had someone do it that "knew what they were doing" :roll: The car does need to be tuned when I'm done with it, but I can't find anyone in my area who will even look at it. I don't feel comfortable tuning it myself because honestly, I don't know what I'm doing. :lol: So with that said, what are your suggestions with tuning? I live near Virginia Beach if that helps (i.e. you know someone who would be willing to look at it).
your in the wrong section this is for saab 9-3 ss 2003 and up. but you should contact grkguy he might be able to help you out hes in williamsburg hes the only guy down south that i know of that is more than capable with og saabs.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your in the wrong section this is for saab 9-3 ss 2003 and up. but you should contact grkguy he might be able to help you out hes in williamsburg hes the only guy down south that i know of that is more than capable with og saabs.
Crap I clicked the wrong category! Sorry! I have been talking with him about tuning but he goes to PA I think to get his car tuned. I was hoping for something that was semi-easy to learn.

Can someone send my post in the right category? Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts