SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm considering parting ways with my 2002 aero MT and getting a 2002 aero AT. Main reasons for this thought are the color, AT is black and has 110k miles less than my 5 spd. But that may mean abandoning my hopes of going with a 19t turbo and forged pistons. If the car is not raced or beat often will the automatic trans hold with a stage 3~4 tune? I've been reading mixed opinions on it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Read some of my posts from earlier this year, regarding the questions you have about the auto handling the power.

I'm around 330bhp likely, and I wouldn't want to put anything more at her with an auto. To me, it feels like the threshold. If you drive it correctly, allowing lock up, etc, and change the oil frequently in it, I imagine I can still get some miles out of this trans. It's 122k or so now, orig trans and has been stage 5 for about 25-28k I think.

If I put the forged pistons in I bought, I may have been tempted just to see how far I could have taken the auto, but in all reality, not much more over what I have now, reliably speaking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.